Crack DreamScene to Run on non-Ultimate Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by admin, May 11, 2007.

1. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 24, 2007
  2. aqua

aqua MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    Dreamscene

Hi
    Foolishly I followed the instruction and ran the bat and reg files and rebooted and now I get "The page failed to load", also an empty page! May that's because I've the x64 version?! Anyway, how can I reverse the proccess?
    Thanks for any help, or maybe I should reinstall?

3. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Can you check if the DreamScene.dll and DreamScene.dll.mui are copied to the right place?

4. aqua

aqua MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    copy DreamScene.dll to %WinDir%\System32\DreamScene.dll /y
    copy DreamScene.dll to %WinDir%\System32\en-US\DreamScene.dll /y

takeown /f %WinDir%\System32\themecpl.dll
    icacls %WinDir%\System32\themecpl.dll /grant "%username%":f
    copy %WinDir%\System32\themecpl.dll %WinDir%\System32\themecpl.dll.original
    copy themecpl.dll %WinDir%\System32\themecpl.dll /y

takeown /f %WinDir%\System32\en-US\themecpl.dll.mui
    icacls %WinDir%\System32\en-US\themecpl.dll.mui /grant "%username%":f
    copy %WinDir%\System32\en-US\themecpl.dll.mui %WinDir%\System32\en-US\themecpl.dll.mui.original
    copy themecpl.dll.mui %WinDir%\System32\en-US\themecpl.dll.mui /y

mkdir "%WinDir%\Web\Windows DreamScene"

reg import DreamScene.reg"
    As you see there is no DreamScene.dll.mui in the bat file!
    And to make things worst, I replaced the files in sysWOW64 and sysWOW64\en-us! The .mui file icon is like a white page, so maybe the register's gone crazy! If I could find the original files that I've deleted, maybe I can replace them?! Can I delete all those files and run sfc and let windows replace them?
    Thanks for your help

5. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 24, 2007
    The script is basically wrong, so it doesn't copy the files over. Anyway DreamScene.dll and DreamScene.dll.mui should not exists on non-Ultimate version, so I believe you can safely delete them in SysWow64 folders too. But for themecpl.dll and themecpl.dll.mui, you need to replace them from the backup. You probably need to open up and DreamScene.reg to undo the change in registry too. Make sure you backup before do it.

6. aqua

aqua MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    Thanks, but a little late to say that the script was wrong! Anyway it's not easy to revers the registry. I'll try to see if I can make sense of it! And, where are the backup, in xp we had dll cache, wher in vista I can find dll backups?

7. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 24, 2007
    The script should make the backup. But if you manually copied to SysWow64 then I guess you need to repair Vista installation. Most of the settings in registry is specifically for DreamScene, so should be ok to delete (but as usual, make a backup export first).

8. aqua

aqua MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    Thanks. I'll let you know if the repair fix the problem, as you wrote "Most of the settings in registry is specifically for DreamScene", so I hope the rest is ok too!

9. admin

admin Administrator
    Staff Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Not for themecpl.dll and themecpl.dll.mui though. You need the original files. :)

10. aqua

aqua MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    Reinstalled Vista!

11. marhensa

marhensa MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2007
    hi..
    ****! i am too late to download that patch to run dreamscene without updating vista.
    the link to patch file in deposit file was removed because infringement of copyrights, and so was box.net.

could you expert guys give me a new link please...
    non rapidshare link would be better.
    thank you all...