Cracking Method to Turn ON Aero in Windows 7.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Happpy, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Hello, Dudes!

Have there any method come to turn ON Aero function and glass menus in Windows 7 without compatible graphic card and drivers?
    I've not seen any such method so far. So if anyone knows about that, I request him to tell me please.

regards,

2. shadowstep

shadowstep MDL Member

May 2, 2010
  3. FukenGruven

FukenGruven MDL Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    I have tried the hack many months ago on a system running the crappy Intel GMA graphics. Not only did it not work, it cause the themes to get "mixed up". When I clicked on the default aero theme, it loaded the high contrast theme instead... crazy! Clicked on a different theme, and it was loading something else. Needless to say, I gave up trying to enable aero. If the hardware or driver doesn't support it, then it's obvious why windows won't let you use aero to begin with

So consider this a second opinion that it's NOT recommended
    unless you know that your hardware and driver can really do it, I wouldn't mess with this

5. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Theres no way you can force aero on cards earlier than 945. Intel refuses to make WDDM drivers for old cards and thats that. Its a shame because thousands of people still use 915 and the like.

6. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    Had tried that hack on an old Nvidia graphic card once....not working at all.
    Finally, bought a new graphic card and lo.....its working by itself, no hack required.

Conclusion:
    If possible, tried to get a newer graphic card instead.;)

7. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Everyone is recommending not to ON Aero without compatible graphic card. So I think I shouldn't do that.

Question 1:

I'm unable to understand that why Microsoft is asking for higher 3D graohic card for Windows7? Why they don't ask for Windows XP? What new thing or which new software has come on which MS has built Windows 7 graphics? What is DirectX 9, WDDM and Pixel Shader and their graphics?

Question 2:

I've FUJITSU SIEMENS D1534 (Mini Tower) PC. So on Desktop casing, I've listened that some small graphic cards are needed for its AGP Slot. So I don't know which are the small AGP Graphic Card and which are Large Graphic Cards for AGP Slot for FUJITSU SIEMENS D1534? How can I see which AGP Graphic card will insert in my PC's AGP Slot? How can I see this? When I go to shops, they say me your PC is small and we don't usually have the small graphic card for this (We have only big graphic cards). So how can I see the lists of Windows 7 compatible graphic AGP 3D cards for my system?

My Board is: FUJITSU SIEMENS D1534 S26361-D1534 and with standard VGA Adaptor 82865 and have 1GB Memory.

8. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    I had an ATI HD3650 AGP card that supports aero... but I never tried it because the motherboard/cpu it was paired with was an ancient athlon xp
    what you need is a card that supports at least shaders 2.0 and has WDDM drivers... WDDM is a new driver format that started with vista... vista uses WDDM 1.0 and 7 uses 1.1... it doesn't matter which one in order to use aero... I have aero enabled on my dell d610 laptop which has the ATI X300 graphics, it uses the vista drivers since there are no 7 drivers for it... works fine

while having an aero capable card will allow you to enable aero, it doesn't mean it will run smoothly without more system ram.. the themes and such that is using aero takes up a good amount of system memory, and you may find yourself paging all the time

9. OvaryActing

OvaryActing MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Kouryu

Kouryu MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Here's some additional reading also about AGP:
    go to secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/AGP
    no urdu page available, sorry

11. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Thanks OvaryActing for your greatest article but tell me the names of all AGP graphic cards (compatible with Windows 7) that can be plug into my FUJITSU SIEMENS D1534 (Mini Tower)?