Crashed Windows 10 TP Enterprise

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pisthai, Oct 12, 2014.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    This morning I was getting a full crash of Windows 10 TP Enterprise.

Error messages were appearing showing that the Net Framework needs to be reinstalled. So, first action were to make Screenshots from that messages and kept them on HDD, the C-Drive to be precise, which were wrong, I've to admit.

Then I was try to run SFC from elevated Command Prompt: Impossible!! Try from Powershell and that also didn't worked. Computer restarted and that was it!

I was try to do an Re-Install from Original ISO, which was been done but resulted in an black screen. I wasn't able to run that Repairing.

Now I'm in the process to create an Windows to Go drive on an external Acer 500GB USB 3 HDD with my laptop and will use that one to start on the crashed desktop for to get access to the saved screen shots, which I'll post later in this topic.

I further will still try to repair the crashed windows 10. and just to tell, even the drive with installed Windows 8.1 Pro are crashed on that same computer now because first I was try to boot from that OS and couldn't too! For the time being, I'd disconnected that HDD with 8.1 now.

Will later post the screenshots and what happen further.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mechanicweb

mechanicweb MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Did you try changing the boot order of your HDDs from BIOS to boot into W8.1?

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    NO, and I didn't use that anyway. Mainly, if I would like to start from the other OS, I use the BIOS Boot Manager (F11 on my desktop while booting) for to chose from which HDD I like to boot and that just works well and never failed!

Right now I'm on the Windows2Go on my desktop, and install the apps I need to start working. After done that, I'll try to repair the 'old' W10TP, may with or may without success.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #4 pisthai, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2014
    (OP)
  5. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    you should not play with alpha version of W10TP :D

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Er.....?! What that means?

I do exactly that: I play with the Windows 10 Alpha! But: I didn't use it for any production like actions! Anyway, what and how I do anything, will be all times my own decision and nor anybodies else!

Other user's maybe interested in getting some infos what all could be happen! If you don't, why you comment on this?!

7. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    i was joking but all your comments are welcomed, i'm the first fan of ur technical infos, as always ;)

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Sorry for misunderstood!! There just to many not so friendly comments on this board!

9. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    try getting in with a live linux distro see if you can browse the C drive
    I suggest ubuntu, easiest to download copy to pendrive and use

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I use Winternals from CD and that just works fine for me.

Thanks anyway.

11. mimart7

mimart7 MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2012
    #11 mimart7, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Just an fyi, sfc/scannow is not working for any version of WTP. You probably had an error along these lines:

Code:
    Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.
    You will get this error on a fresh install.

12. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    #12 Hadron-Curious, Oct 12, 2014
    You are correct. It is present in clean install,which I have tried out myself in the past, even when you don't have any error with the OS. But, I don't really know why it is like that. Maybe because it is a Technical Preview though.

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #13 pisthai, Oct 12, 2014
    (OP)
    Thanks for your answer.

No not that error, simply the Command Prompt and the Powershell didn't works anymore. The CP just start's to open and while start to type the command it went down and could not start again, neither after an reboot of the machine!

According to the error numbers, the whole were resulting in several errors for .NET Framework, WinLogon, CsRss and more.

I'm now on preparing several (different) bootable USB Sticks for to check an recovery is possible, either from the original ISO or 3. party apps.

An really bad side effect were that on desktop even the 2. OS with Windows 8.1 pro on it's own HDD were damaged. While the system were rebooting it were go into HDD check and after that none of the OS could booting anymore. It's not a problem of Data, except a few Screenshots, I just want to know if there is an way to recover if such is happens again. This is an testing phase which I like to solve (if possible) because it will affect my working as well. I had similar with Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 and older OS'es and special for to use the early birds of the OS'es for those testing has save us a lot of time and extra work.

14. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Me think the SFC is build for the Kernel of Windows 8 and 8.1 but 10TP! Research about those errors at MS Support, had shown that this errors are not just a few and the Support Engineers although pointing to the Kernel. In the past, I had 'play' with the Kernel of Windows 7 for to 'break' the 3GB Memory limit, and had similar error at those time.

15. mimart7

mimart7 MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2012
    When you resolve this, please let us know how you did it.

16. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
  17. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    @S1ave77

Actually, I came across that procedure to resuscitate corrupt files in Windows OS in one of the famous Windows forums but I was too nonchalant to try it out. After seeing the prior image you posted, I am coerced to try it for the fact that it yielded a clean result.

18. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just a little bit off topic:

Using an Windows2Go USB Drive will help to solve such problems. Who create one will need to activate the W2G manually, it will NOT activate automatically! It runs more slow from USB3 HDD as Windows & Enterprise a W2G, still it's quite good.

On topic:

Using the Re-Install function from original ISO has worked now, data still there, apps need to be re-installed as well and same applies for the needed Updates of missed drivers etc. Missing from Taskbar are the Explorer Icon. Although Windows 10TP isn't not in sync with the Account settings of the MS Account. That's something I've to do tomorrow.

Just found that I could NOT access the C-Drive, it's still locked. That I'll even look tomorrow why that;s happen and how to solve. Just waiting that the machine is going down.

Let you guys know tomorrow what's gooing on.

19. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I'm back on my crashed W10 Desktop using the W2G first for to start up.

Was need to install the Windows7-USB-DVD-tool because I need to create an new USB stick with Windows 8.1 Update and that isn't possible with Rufus (latest)! On the W2G of W10TP Ent .net 2 and 3.5 need to be installed for to use the Windows7-USB-DVD-tool, which just went OK without problems.
    Started the Desktop for to repair the W8.1 and get the same messages as in W10TP: Drive is locked, need to unlock drive first. In W10TP that was no problem in first place because using the feature to Re-Install (which isn't available in W8.1) the re-install went OK even on the still locked drive.

Now first I need to do now is to find out how to unlock the locked drives. Will come back after done that.

20. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #20 pisthai, Oct 13, 2014
    (OP)
    First success with recovery of Windows 8.1 Pro: Unlocked and running now.

What I did:
    1. disconnected all HDD except the Win8.1 HDD
    2. started from bootable USB Stick with 8.1 Pro Update1, gone to the Recovery Option and chose to run from Command Prompt. I use the following command:

Code:
    Bootrec /fixMBR
    Bootrec /fixBoot
    Bootrec /rebuildBCD
    Closed the command prompt and run now Repair. After the reboot Windows were just starting normal with all apps and data.

Now the next step will be on the Win10TP HDD to unlock that one.