Create source from an official (M$) ISO of Windows in order to work with DISM command

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Alberto_C, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Alberto_C

Alberto_C MDL Junior Member

Oct 21, 2015
    Hi,

in ordre to fix a problem "sfc scannow cannot repair corrupted files", I work with DISM command.
    When repair is impossible online (no connection with M$'s servers ...) It might be possible to do it offline.
    So, I have a problem to uncompress Install.wim to make "source" file. Not those are uncompressed from M$'s .ESD to ISO By DVD Decrypter (very easy with 7Zip ...), but Is really impossible for me extract a decompressed WinSxS from Officials M$ ISO !
    Are they crypted ?

Any idea how to do it ?

2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    #2 Stannieman, Nov 9, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. neofita

neofita MDL Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Mount your .iso (double click on it), you'll see it like a cdrom in Explorer (virtual drive)
    launch (admin cmd prompt) (X=the letter of your virtual drive)
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:X:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    on successful operation, reboot

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Didn't know you can just feed it a wim. Avery day is a day to learn, so thanks for the info!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Alberto_C

Alberto_C MDL Junior Member

Oct 21, 2015

Tested with the UltraISO's VirtualCD,
    M$'s Genuine ISO (Win 10 Enterprise) mounted on virtual CD,
    Launch Admin Prompt : Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:X:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess

And ... It works, It works fine !!!

Grazie molte neofita per il metodo che mi hai appreso.
    Thank you everibody for yours answers.