Create your own Microsoft Office 2010 SP1 w/all Updates

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Simpuhl, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    I am typically not an expert in this. Some clarifications:
    1. C: may be required for getting the exe up to date but after completing the process, I would prefer a non-C partition for placing the completed file. Hope that is possible.
    2. I have updates in .glb format from MS download center. Will that work. Saves me from downloading again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
    You can place the files where ever you want... they are just setup files. Burn them to disc or make an ISO also.

The updates are all in .msp format.

4. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
    #5 Simpuhl, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
    (OP)
    Personally, I just added them all, I was told they where Post SP1. Maybe the version of SP1 you downloaded had already included some... its hard to tell what it comes with though unless u want to install it, go through 1 by 1 and figure out which updates you need and then download them each separately... but space wise it wont matter because its not even close to 4.7gb. Make it easier on yourself and just grab them all, if they aren't needed the installer will skip them.

Also note: It includes updates for ALL the programs, maybe you just installed word... so it might only need updates for word, I install everything possible. So I am sure my version has more updates available.

5. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
  6. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
    Good idea but I have no problem doing it the current way. Installs fine on every pc and I included all of them and every so often when mine uses windows updates and finds a new office udpate right away I dl it for my ISO and update it then create a new one. It just makes it easier so you don't need to dl the updates which takes for ever

7. Pendaws

Pendaws MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2011
    I may be a little dum but I cannot find ANY setup.exe file at all?
    Are you referring to the officex64.exe that you said to rename?

8. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
    No, after the exe's files extracted to the folder there is an exe called setup.exe inside the folder.

9. Pendaws

Pendaws MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2011
    Matey, I did EXACTLY like you said and there was NO setup.exe file in the SP1 file nor was there one created when I extracted the files.
    Here is a pic of exactly what was in the SP1.exe.. I used Winrar.
    Not trying to be a smarty but maybe I did something wrong? or maybe the .exe file is only created for 32bit?
    SP1.jpg

10. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012

No, I have both 32 bit and 62 bit. Maybe its the specific language your picking, when you extract the original exe it is basically a folder that can be made into an ISO. so it has an autorun.ini and setup.exe and tons of other files. Maybe ill make a quick youtube video on how to do it and show you guys exactly. Just let me get home, just got to work at 9am, its 10:30am almost and ill be home around 7pm (pst)

11. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
    You should also be able to rigth click that EXE and just hit extract to "folder". instead of the command. After you extract it check the folder. But ill create a video when I am home.

12. Pendaws

Pendaws MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2011
    #13 Pendaws, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
    I downloaded the SP1 and there is NO setup file in there at ALL.
    It is 440mb long, it is English but no matter how I do it, there is no setup or inf file.
    Maybe it is an OLD file you have but the one I download hasn't got that in it.
    All the files it has I showed in the pic I uploaded.

13. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
  14. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
    I think your downloading JUST SP1. you need to download OFFICE with SP1 lol

15. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
    No idea what you just said brotha

16. Pendaws

Pendaws MDL Novice

Jan 25, 2011
    Matey, I am so sorry that I got it all mixed up, dum me. :confused:
    Thanks for putting up with my silly questions. :worthy:

17. Simpuhl

Aug 8, 2012
    its ok man teach others what you learned :)