Created OEM disk running on virtual machine "30 days remaining" message appears

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by irqbw81, Oct 23, 2009.

1. irqbw81

irqbw81 MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    I made an OEM windows xp cd following sir suicide solution's VLK to OEM Tutorial and test it to a virtual machine..is it normal for an OEM Cd prompting for 30 days remaining in product activation..or 30 days is appearing because it is running on a virtual machine. thanks!

2. sittingduck77

sittingduck77 MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Yes, that is normal. A virtual machine also has a bios - and your files need to match that bios. Which they don't, unless you used the Microsoft bios files. But now that you've checked that the disk works, it will install and activate fine as a regular installation.

3. irqbw81

irqbw81 MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    Thanks for your quick reply sir sittingduck77. Now i knew that i didn't mess up. :D

4. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Which VM? You can add the string to any VM bios or XML. You shoul dalso be able to passthrough and use your bios info from VM if you use VMWare.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. JohnnyRebel

JohnnyRebel MDL Junior Member

Aug 25, 2009
    dont be a fool grab the medics tool hahaha

no seriously get it... that tool is one stop shopping for all your win xp needs

medic when ya get some free time hit me up with a link to the dvd version of mce if you could please :)

6. irqbw81

irqbw81 MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2009
    I used VM player, but i already did a clean install and its a success :D

-Thanks for all your reply :D

7. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    I havent been able to upload it yet..within the week for sure..

Sorry for the wait. If 'noid hadn't gone down, you'd have it by now...:D:eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...