Creating a simple wrapper for a cmd script

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Venerence, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Venerence

Venerence MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2012
    So partly as a hobby, partly for work, I have created a batch install script for a bit of automation. I can set command line switches on it to determine which programs to install.

What I would like is a simple gui wrapper that allows me to set flags before launch. Literally just a series of checkboxes with a "go" command would be perfect.

I've been looking into some underlying gui frameworks (qt, autohotkey, etc.), but they're all much lower level and seems overkill for what I need.

Anyone have a suggestion for what I am looking for?

2. Venerence

Venerence MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2012
    Well it's a bit disappointing that I didn't get any replies, but after much research, the software Ketarin appears to meet all my criteria, in case anybody else has the same question in the future.

3. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Well when I first started reading I would have suggested AutoIT - but you've ruled that out as overkill.
    Maybe HTA? Used it years ago then moved to AutoIT...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Venerence

Venerence MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2012
    Ketarin seems to check all the boxes with me. The option for dynamically updating download links is nice too. It'll be a pain in the ass to recreate my scripts for the package, but less of a pain then creating my own gui, and will probably turn out better anyway.