Creating custom Windows 7 Install Disc for personal use.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by PaulShel, Nov 15, 2013.

1. PaulShel

PaulShel MDL Novice

Nov 15, 2013
    #1 PaulShel, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
    Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction, looking to create some custom .ISO for a Windows 7 x64 boot DVD, I want to include Windows updates, software etc, very keen on learning everything as now got a lot of time on my hands.

I've done some reading and read about
    rt7lite, is this the one and only best option?

EDIT: Or should I do a full install, update, install of software etc etc and then perform a clone/ghost/backup?

Thanks in advance :D

2. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    For me I would stay well clear of RT7Lite. In my opinion it is one of the worst apps out there.
    DISM is the way to go.
    There are a few tools for this but I prefer to just use simple commands.
    Unfortunately at the mo I am on my iPad so I don't have access to to my files,
    Later on I will boot up my PC and post a wee guide on how I integrate updates,drivers and REG edits and the like.
    I can't help out on software though, never done that.

I can imagine though by the time I reply you'll have gotten lots of info.

3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Having used RT7Lite extensively, I tend to agree with this. It works and does what it's purported to do but it's clunky and cumbersome ... definitely not user friendly. Couple that with poorly written website instructions, a confusing home page layout and confusing program menu wording, I'd now look at something else too if integration were my goal.

5. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008