Creating multi boot Windows USB stick

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by nima1024, Mar 5, 2014.

1. nima1024

nima1024 MDL Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Hello all dear members of MDL,

The thing is, I want to create an 'ultimate' multi-boot USB which contains:
    1. Windows XP SP3
    2. Windows 7 Ultimate
    3. Windows 8.1 Enterprise

I mean, I want it to be like this that when I boot from USB it asks if you want to install Windows XP press 1 or something like this and goes like this.

I have seen such these disks around the web but I want to know how can I do this myself and customize it?

Best Regards,

2. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Have you tried Google yet, works wonders for most.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nima1024

nima1024 MDL Member

Sep 18, 2010
    I've searched a little bit, but I don't know how to work with WinPE_SE and WinNTSetup EXACTLY.
    There is no 'automated' tools either.

4. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    I copied "Creating multi boot Windows USB stick" into Google, got over 10 pages of results. I would suggest you look though them and find something that meets your needs based on your experience/knowledge. Only you know what you know and what you don't.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Aninvitedsoul

Aninvitedsoul MDL Senior Member

Sep 14, 2012
  6. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    It really would be a lot easier if you didn't include xp.
    With everything from 7 and up you can simply use the win8.1 boot files and include any win7 indexes you want on the install.wim

If you really must include xp or really need the respective os to be in their natural boot environment, I'd say you really have your work cut out for you.
    What I would do, if I were you, is to research different boot loaders (not the default microsoft one)

Also, win7 can be modified to boot correctly with UEFI, but I'm not sure xp can.

Really it's about how long you want to keep up the charade of supporting xp. The hardware is moving on, with or without you.

7. montwel

montwel MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2014
    USB hard drive/disk or USB flash disk? USB hard drive can be several patitions but USB flash disk can be only one. So I think you should have USB hard drive/disk.
    I know portable Windows 8-Windows to Go or you can create Windows to Go with Aomei Partition Assistant with its function"Window to go creator".
    Windows 7 and XP, I think there are also portable style.
    Good
    USB hard drive/disk or USB flash disk? USB hard drive can be several patitions but USB flash disk can be only one. So I think you should have USB hard drive/disk.
    I know portable Windows 8-Windows to Go or you can create Windows to Go with Aomei Partition Assistant with its function"Window to go creator".
    Windows 7 and XP, I think there are also portable style.
    Good luck.

8. steve2926

steve2926 MDL Member

Nov 13, 2010

So you are asking for Windows installers not booting to windows?

Try WinSetupFromUSB or Easy2Boot.