creating multi xp dvd using mr smartepants oemscan

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by jimwatts, Sep 28, 2010.

1. jimwatts

jimwatts MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2008
    Hi,
    I'm tring to make a multi xp dvd using oemscan. I copied all the oembios files over ok and added keys and created the 7zip file as it states. Then tried to integrate using ryan vm integrator...this is where the problem arises. It copies xp cd over ok then unpacks the 7zip file to integrate oembios files ok then says gathering temp files......then shifting stuff around......then it errors saying no entry *.ini file found.

Any ideas why this is anybody?

2. sushil1576

sushil1576 MDL Senior Member

Jul 3, 2009
  3. jimwatts

jimwatts MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2008
    Hi Sushil1576 does you multi oemscan also have the Entries_OEMScan_MULTIOEM.ini file? What does that have in it and what folder is it saved in?

Thanks for your help.

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Try it out instead:)

Download one of the 2 packs with or without wallpapers etc.
    Integrate it with ryanvm integrator and then download extract all oembiosfiles to its corresponding folder and your good to god..

I have one working just fine on a friends laptop.. I even integrated all driverpacks available.

5. sushil1576

Jul 3, 2009
    "Entries_OEMScan_MULTIOEM.ini" contains the entries about how the files in the .7z archive are going to be processed by RyanVm integrator..It also comes with the Multi-Oemscan download,You might have forgotten to include it in the archive while recompiling the archive...Just read my thread for more info about my updated multi oemscan...

6. jimwatts

jimwatts MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2008
    Hi Sushil1576, I downloaded your new add on and gave that a try. Integrated into xp with ryan vm integrator ok.
    then copied over the oembios files then integrated driverpacks ok a nd recompiled the iso. When i install for some reason it stops when it gets to the stage of entering product key and asks for it. Any idea what i might have forgotton to do to cause this?

7. sushil1576

Jul 3, 2009
    #7 sushil1576, Sep 30, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
    Thats because there is no product key specified in the "winnt.sif" file...Anyways you can just skip the product key if you are using Windows XP SP3,the oemscan will automatically insert the key according to the found brand...And if you don't want to see that screen asking for product key,then just put the general microsoft oem slp key in "Winnt.sif"..

8. jimwatts

jimwatts MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2008
    Hi Sushil 1576,
    i am using xpsp3 but it wouldn't let me skip product key. I edited winnt.sif and added the microsoft key then copied it back to the iso overwriting the old one with ultraiso then tried again. It still asked for product key so i typed the microsoft key in manually and it finished installing. When i checked it hadn't changed the key copied oembios files over or added logos. I ran oemauto from the cd and it detected Acer which is correct and added logos and copied oembios files over but it still asked to be activated. I ran Everest to check and it said activation not required but it still hadn't changed the microsoft key to Acer key.

9. sushil1576

Jul 3, 2009
    #9 sushil1576, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2010

Are you using Method 1 Or Method 2?..I have just checked that there is a slight bug in the Method 1 download with wallpapers and logos..but the first link without logos and wallpapers is perfectly fine...I will update it shortly..With Method 1 you don't need to integrate it with RyanVM Integrator..

EDIT : I have updated the link for the Method 1 download with OEM logos and Themes now

Method 2 is just fine,and you can integrate it directly with RyanVM integrator..

P.S. : Can you specify which version of XP you are using,and please post the entries in your winnt.sif file..?

10. jimwatts

jimwatts MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2008
  11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    download VLK and OEMBIOS changer... and unpack and study it for home oem slp keys

12. jimwatts

jimwatts MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2008
    Hi Urie,
    That's what i thought, i have a list of xp Home oem slp keys just wondered if i use one of those if oemscan would then change it for the correct one.

13. sushil1576

Jul 3, 2009
    You can use any brands Slp Key in the Winnt.sif ...The oemscan will automatically change the key according to the slp found in the Bios..It just overwrites the key in the Winnt.sif during the install if the matching brand and oembios filesets are found..

If you are using Method one,then you don't need to integrate the addon with RyanVm Integrator,You have to just put the "OEM" folder and the "Winnt.sif" in their correct places..BUt you must do this before integrating the drivrpacks into the build..

Correct Procedure to follow Method 1:

* Use a Clean and untouched XP Oem source
    * Put the folder "OEM" in the root of the XP DVD and "Winnt.sif" file in the "/I386" folder of the XP ISO..
    * Then put all the uncompressed oembios filesets in their respective folders.
    * You can integrate any addons with RyanVM integrator or Nlite now
    * Integrate the driverpacks at the last step
    * Now recompile the iso.

14. jimwatts

jimwatts MDL Novice

Apr 6, 2008
    All sorted now. Working perfect. The winnt.sif was being overwritten when it was integrated so things were missing.

also the original winnt.sif was calling oem\oemscan.cmd instead of oem\oemauto.exe.

i adjusted winnt.sif so it read:
    ;SetupMgrTag
    [Data]
    AutoPartition=1
    MsDosInitiated="0"
    UnattendedInstall="Yes"
    AutomaticUpdates=yes

[Unattended]
    UnattendMode=ProvideDefault
    OemSkipEula=No
    OemPreinstall=No
    TargetPath=\WINDOWS
    WaitForReboot="No"
    DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
    NonDriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

[GuiUnattended]
    EncryptedAdminPassword=NO
    OEMSkipRegional=1
    TimeZone=20
    DetachedProgram = CMD.EXE
    Arguments="/Q /C FOR /F %? IN ('%SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32\MOUNTVOL.EXE^|FINDSTR :\') DO IF EXIST %?WIN51 START %?.\OEM\OEMAUTO.EXE"

[UserData]
    FullName=""
    OrgName=""

[Display]
    Xresolution=1024
    YResolution=768

[Identification]
    JoinWorkgroup=MSHOME

[Networking]
    InstallDefaultComponents=Yes

[Components]
    msmsgs=off
    msnexplr=off
    zonegames=off
    All working fine now.

Sushil1576 i also noticed that the winnt.sif in your no logo version was also trying to call oemscan.cmd instead of oemauto.exe. I had tried that version as well having same problems as the logo one. After changing oem\oemscan.cmd to oem\oemauto.exe in winnt.sif all works fine now.

Many thanks for your help.
    :)

15. sushil1576

Jul 3, 2009
    Good to hear that everything is working for you now...

Yes,i have already found that earlier and that was the reason why i had updated the link for that download earlier today..

You might have not noticed that the structure of OEM folder in the first download link is different than the second download with logos and themes and thats the reason why the first download calls for "oemscan.cmd" and the second download with themes calls "oemauto.exe"...I think everything is sorted out now and both works perfectly now...If you had followed the right steps in correct order,there is no need to manually edit the Winnt.sif file other than entering the product key..

16. disaksen

disaksen MDL Novice

May 2, 2009
    :confused:

Am hoping someone can help me with my project. Am working on a friends Toshiba Portege M200 laptop/tablet. The hard drive died, so have replaced it and reinstalled Windows XP Pro SP3 that I modified to make the tablet features function as they should. What I'm needing to do is set the OS up with Toshiba's "Windows XP Tablet PC Edition" branding, so the os will authenticate as it should. I've tried OEMscan.exe, but it doesn't recognize the Tablet PC Edition as one of the OS's covered by it.

Am hoping mr smartepants can add that feature to his OEMscan, or someone else can let me know how I can go about making the necessary changes for the proper OEM branding needed to activate the OS so it will accept the Tablet COA on the bottom of the laptop. I don't really want to have to use a crack to do it.
    Thanks,
    disaksen

17. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    #17 Tito, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  18. aamir

aamir MDL Novice

Dec 12, 2011
    Dear Sir