Creative sound blaster x-fi issue and windows 10 1903 build

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by dzem, Apr 29, 2019.

1. dzem

dzem MDL Senior Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Hi,

i want to start this thread in order a solving a problems,God willing, for those with these sound cards. I am one of owners of these cards - extreme music - and i would like to know any possible solution for these cards to work under 1903 build.

So, whoever hear anything about any solution which will help to make these cards work, please post here,
    and i still hope Daniel_K will make working drivers under some new name ... :))

Help Daniel!

2. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    Hopefully, this will give you some comfort. I was actually using an unofficial driver for Creative X-Fi, last time I used it, but as far as I know, the author was busted for it, because he was able to unlock features, that Creative claimed, theirs sound-card did not have and people had to buy a new ones instead. Afterwards Creative released drivers, which supported those nonexistent features. Creative sucks big time, unfortunately there are literally no other sound-cards around. o_O

3. Tovadyk

Tovadyk MDL Junior Member

Jul 21, 2015
    #3 Tovadyk, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019
    Creative has relaesed a driver update for one group of cards
    It has also been discussed in the 19h1 thread on this forum
    The problem seems to be not with the drivers but with Creative using an outdated certificate in the drivers

4. oilernut

oilernut MDL Senior Member

Jul 8, 2007
    My Asus sound card works great. Creative is just crap.

5. MELERIX

MELERIX MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2011
    #7 MELERIX, May 1, 2019
    Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Creative support for their sound cards sux, thats why I stopped buying and using Creative products few years ago, due their lack of proper support, but seems they do it in purpose to force users to buy new products, aka programmed obsolescence.

6. dzem

dzem MDL Senior Member

Oct 15, 2015
    I am satisfied with sound quality of my card and never had a chance to try asus- What i am not satisfied is Creative support for products, but it seems that is a not just creative policy. Microsoft also had ended up support to their's older operating systems. They force you to use windows 10, not windows 7 or older xp and they have support in that in manufacturers of hardwares and softwares which follow them in that policy.

7. dzem

dzem MDL Senior Member

Oct 15, 2015
  8. red_cup

red_cup MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2015
    wwwredditcom/r/SoundBlasterOfficial/comments/bh76bi/xfi_titanium_hd_drivers_for_1903_when/

If the information here is true then this will no longer be an issue once 19h1/1903 RTM hits.

9. dzem

dzem MDL Senior Member

Oct 15, 2015
    Titanium drivers are already out, but not for extreme gamer, music and audio. And the link is no good

10. Tovadyk

Tovadyk MDL Junior Member

Jul 21, 2015
    ok I have deleted all the links

11. jed1949

jed1949 MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2015
    I have a Creative Soundblaster Z in a Windows 10 box. After one of the 6 month updates, Windows decided it was a different card and it stopped working. The correct driver no longer worked, and the driver for the card that MS thought it was didn't work either. I didn't have any Macrium backup (I do now), and after several days struggling, I re-installed Windows 10.

My advice to anyone using Creative cards is not to let Windows update the driver. I'm quite happy with the SBZ - gives me low latency with Cubase, but the driver malarkey is a PITA.

12. red_cup

red_cup MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2015
    The link is no good because it was written like that on purpose, otherwise the forum removes it automatically.
    It's obvious that all you need to do is copy then add the dots after "www" and before "com" when pasting and you have a valid link. I mean come on...
    For those too lazy to do that, basically the Creative rep said that fixed drivers will be out in the following days. If he's to be trusted, then we'll all have working drivers even before 1903 hits public release.
    We're saved.

13. dzem

dzem MDL Senior Member

Oct 15, 2015
    For which cards?

14. dzem

dzem MDL Senior Member

Oct 15, 2015
    As i said earlier i wrote to Creative and they responded to me asking for model number or serial number of card. It means not much but what i think it is good to make pressure on them writing complains and asking for solutions. So write to them, be polite, say your problems and wait.

15. red_cup

red_cup MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2015
    That's a standard response, got one of those myself, there's really no point in arguing with them; they won't escalate tickets for which the answer is obvious (to them at least). I just gave them the information they required and moved on.

In this case, I think that low level tech support have not been briefed about what's going on inside the software department, and they do not escalate the tickets because the hardware is classified as EOL since long ago; it's standard procedure for them to close all of these with the same answer.
    I also think that we'll get new drivers due to Microsoft pressuring them, not due to the (minor) user outrage. PCI X-Fi's are almost 14 years old and they will (allegedly) get new drivers, this is quite the achievement for a company not known for its great software support.

If the Ryan guy on reddit is who he says he is, then it's almost certain the drivers will come, I can't see why a Creative employee would flat-out lie about such a thing.
    We'll find out very soon. I have a good feeling about this.