Creative X-FI doesn't save settings / FlexiJack for microphone

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by kokosmann, Aug 30, 2015.

1. kokosmann

kokosmann MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2010
    Hey guys,

since I installed Windows 10 x64 I stumbled upon an annoying issue with the Creative software.

As I use a headset with the microphone connected to the line-in on my computer, you have to tell the Creative software to use the line-in as a microphone basically, otherwise it wouldn't otherwise recognise it.

Unfortunately, you have to do this every reboot, because the settings do not seem to be saved properly.

That is a very annoying issue to me.

I also tried manually setting a registry key containin the word "FlexiJack", but it doesn't exist.

It also seems that my previously set sound levels in windows are always reset to 30 after a reboot.

Did somebody encounter similar problems and has a solution?

2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Had the same with my card with windows 10 !!

My solution was to sell the card and bought myself an M-AUDIO MK2 external usb and problem completely solved but do you have the latest drivers from Creative and try to installing them as Admin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kokosmann

kokosmann MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2010
    #3 kokosmann, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    (OP)
    Hey, thanks for your quick response!

Unfortunately, this isn't really a card as it is soldered onto the motherboard and thus cannot be exchanged.

That is so annoying...

4. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Aah oke You could Buy a better solution and disable the onboard sound in the bios as an option :tea:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. nnkk

nnkk MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2009
    I found a Solution at Daniel_K's Official Blog
    h t t p://danielkawakami.blogspot.com/2015/08/sb-x-fi-series-support-pack-35.html

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    not even necessary to shut it down in the bios. If there is a sound card next to the on-board device you can tell the playback soft which one to use

7. kokosmann

kokosmann MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2010
    Hey, I might be just blind, but I can't see the solution actually :eek:.

I've installed his driver pack in version 3.7, and the drivers work. Still, the applied settings do not seem to save.

Can you go further in detail pls?

8. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    True But I had a lot of trouble with sound back in the days of xp vista windows 7 etc that I by standard always disable sound in the bios so it won't conflict with other cards

9. kokosmann

kokosmann MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2010
    On a little side note:

I'm just thinking about screwing it and getting a USB headset again. Even going back to the standard microsoft audio drivers. That Creative stuff is just madnes...
    Not really willing to figure that out anymore :mad:.

10. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Hm, I recall days with creative sound blaster cards where I always had driver issues but when I got rid of that sh!t I never was bothered again. I only use RME digital cards now and connect my stereo setup by using fiber cable since years. No hum, no noise, nothing except music. As said, no need for doing things in bios with my configuration.
    On the other hand it will not help OP atm

11. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
  12. kokosmann

kokosmann MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2010
    #12 kokosmann, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    (OP)
    Yeah, that's exactly the point guys!

Thank you anyway for your help. I just hate these overly customised parts which will cause you nothing but trouble.
    The thing is, I only got an anologue headset for my previous motherboard, as I always got a humming with USB. It occured when some kind of application tried to access the microphone, even if you did not speak or connect to a TS server for example. As I got a new motherboard now, I might just switch back to USB again. Much less hassle....

Instead of just using standard parts like Realtek stuff which has always worked great for me, they tend to use this crap nowadays.
    BTW: This is a "gaming" (lol) motherboard that I could get my hands in quite a good deal. Otherwise I wouldn't have bought it.

Another thing is, sound works just fine out of the box, it's just that damn FlexiJack that has to be changed to use the microphone and one can only do so in Creative's proprietary solution:mad:.

Right now I'm looking at the HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset. Seems like a pretty good offer to me. Does anybody have experience with it allready? Would be great to hear some feedback from you :).

13. Nekron

Nekron MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2013
    This happened on w8 too, solution is the same, you set your settings how you want, then put pc to sleep and wake it up, after that reboot and settings will be saved

14. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Stopped using Creative products because of their sh itty drivers, they're slow a hell to update them and have them properly working ....