Critial Battery action!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Matrix Leader, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    How come I cannot set my critical battery action to NOTHING?>

I have to choose, standby, hibernate, or shutdown.....

but I want to keep it at nothing to totally drain the battery down to 0% (discharge) :(

what to do?

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Pooh the Pirate

Pooh the Pirate MDL Junior Member

Sep 30, 2009
    #2 Pooh the Pirate, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
    You have to select something the battery is draining and youre not on power so what would it do ? However, draining the battery to 0% is not good it will degrade battery. If you really do want to drain it (not recommended) then set the critical percentage to 0% and critical action to shutdown.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pliskin

Pliskin MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Take a look in your bios settings, some bioses got a function to calibrate the battery, this will also drain the battery to zero

4. vdl68

vdl68 MDL Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I agree with you! I found out the hard way, on the second full discharge of one of notebook, it show a 4.7% wear on the battery prior to that it was 2.1% and it cut down on the capacity by 2,000mWh, does not seem much, but, every minute count..when you are doing presentation to a large groups ;)

5. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    I thought u need to discharge ur battery completeley when u notice that it's life is degrading......

so what I did was i let it reach 5 % then I kept the lapppy in BIOS mode so it drained to 0%

please correct me if im wrong.......

6. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    I think u can't set "Do Nothing" 'cause of the risk of losing data but u can set the "Critical Battery Level" to e.x 1%

7. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    nice information, ill read it up later during the day....... gotta run to work...... lets see