Crysis 2 Beta - Is DX10 mode possible ?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by vrosa, Mar 8, 2011.

1. vrosa

vrosa MDL Member

Jan 31, 2011
  2. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #2 robalm, Mar 8, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
    Crysis 2 comes with DX9, but will probably get support for dx10/11 in later updates.

"in a presentation to Nvidia's new graphics card in the GeForce 500-series revealed that Crysis 2 initially will not include support for DirectX 11, instead get PC gamers to make do with the six year old DirectX 9.

In practice this means that all graphics hungry gamers with later generations of graphics cards can not take advantage of graphics-enhancing features such as tesselering. According to Nvidia promises the developers to include a DX11 mode in a future update, when exactly is still unclear."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    I thought the final version of Crysis 2 was going to be Directx 9/10/11 as supported by the Cryengine 3. Maybe the Directx 11 version is so good graphically they are holding it back so not to intimidate console users (as much) :D

4. alextheg

alextheg Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 7, 2009
    @ vrosa, ive done a bit of searching but it looks like although there are workarounds to enable dx10 there are issues with display . Such as on 25% of the screen being used. I guess its a case of waiting for the real deal, not the beta.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. vrosa

vrosa MDL Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Thanks for the returns. :)

I hope there will be a DX11 version. Crysis 2 in DX11 mode would be an awesome game !
    See the DX9 screens that I posted... imagine what DX11 could do !!!

So, better waiting for the official beta or final release.

Vlad.

6. Vegeta_ss4

Vegeta_ss4 MDL Novice

Mar 19, 2011
    Any idea when the full version will be released ?

7. Fugol

Fugol MDL Novice

Apr 16, 2011
    i cant wait too:)

8. burfadel

burfadel MDL EXE>MSP/CAB

Aug 19, 2009
    Crysis 2 is already out! lol

It probably won't get Directx 10/11, according to more recent information. Its one thing for a game to run in Directx 11 mode, its another for a game to actually utilise the advanced features. The first game that will (supposedly) take full advantage of all the Directx 11 features is Battlefield 3. Games that are Directx 11 may only make use of certain features of Directx 11, which is why many people reckon Directx 11 games currently don't look too much different to the same game running in Directx 9 mode. Battlefield 3 is a game which looks like its being done right, made for PC's and dumbed down for consoles, not made for consoles and shodely ported to PC to make more profit.

By making it for PC and dumbing it down for consoles, it gives developers the best of all three worlds (PC, Xbox, and Playstation) as they can better cater for each platform.

Crysis 2 was the a game to be looking forward to, but they stuffed up the PC version big time, and although its still a good game, its now more of a 'console' feel, and despite being an adult game, feels more like a consoleish (treating you more like a kid) game, just the feel of it etc.

9. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    It's DirectX 9 only it seems althought there is a DX 10 dll in the bin32 folder, the settings are dumbed down for consoles.
    One good thing about the dumbing down is that it's quite light on PC, runs very smooth. I really wish someone would tell me
    what happened to the 64 bit version.

10. half Man Half Biscuit

half Man Half Biscuit MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2011
  11. FalloutERin

FalloutERin MDL Novice

Aug 21, 2011
    Beta? What a cheap chap!!