Custom ISO : How prevent re-installation of apps

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Bluescreen, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Bluescreen

Bluescreen MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    hi,
    Question in title:
    Is there a way, when using a Windows 10 1607 installed with a custom ISO, to prevent the re-installation of removed applications if using Windows Update ?

eg: Edge removed, Telemetry, Windows defender ... and more...
    Any advice will be appreciated. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I had an custom install from iso with MSMG Toolkit but after the latest CU from WU one drive was back ! I removed it and hey back on track but in my opinion there is not realy an way to prevent it or you have to disable WU and keep working with the same build ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bluescreen

Bluescreen MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Thanks for reply,

I was just afraid of that response. Yes, I have read about latest CU and Onedrive, however we can hope not to have Windows Update installing a CU each month.
    Was much better to get just Security updates instead of downloading 1GB each month.

Anyway I supposed a way to fool the system update by using some registry trick. Or Group Policy ?