Custom Win10 ISO's (MSMG Toolkit)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MJAINC, Nov 17, 2018.

1. MJAINC

MJAINC MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2018
    Ive been testing some Custom Win10 iso's i made with the MSMG tool kit and have had great results
    Faster boot up, no Defender, no Edge...no extra bull.
    Question: Has anyone else made custom striped down (streamlined) versions of win 10 ?

If so what are your experiences. long term. I used the lastest version with update 17763.134
    if interested in can upload them for sharing and testing.

M

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    What did you do, using MSMG Toolkit, to have faster boot time?:thinking:

Many threads are about chopping these days.

3. MJAINC

MJAINC MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2018

in the options to remove , i pretty much removed Everything that loads windows up. Apps...etc. My boot time on my pc went from 8sec to just under 4....using Samsung EVO SSD. Gigbyte Brix i5 (red).
    i run games so i dont need extra crap that comes with windows. The install was so clean it only showed 3 items in the startup with Autoruns menu. and droped alot ALOT of processes in the background.
    im quite impressed. i installed games and other utility programs with ease. Ive been tinkering with that kit for a while now...i just dont see alot of talk about it...you would think eveyone would do it for a Super clean install.
    Ill extract the install.wim from a clean MS ISO then build from there.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    A clean untouched install will be able to boot just as fast on a SSD.

Dropping processes from ram will only result in higher load times when the processes have to be started.

Chopping mostly leads to unstable, not correctly functioning installs, maybe not now, but at sometime it will happen.

5. MJAINC

MJAINC MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2018
    interesting...ill have to keep an eye on that. I just got tired of Edge running in the background for no apparent reasong eating up ram....candy crush loading up mysteriously in the menu....etc.
    the options menu in MSMG takes out that junk. so im happy...never use any other crap was on that list so...yea...bloat code and apps...gone.

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Where did you see Edge running in the background and what amount of ram it ate (not seeing edge running nor any ram used by it, when it isn't started by me)
    Candy crush in the start menu is hardly a mystery nor using system resources when not run.

7. MJAINC

MJAINC MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2018

In the processes menu Taskmanager. funny thing is i never opened edge. just once in a while i see it running usng 80+ mb ram. i use vivaldi and firefox...
    as for candy crush...im OCD i see it it bothers me. i like a clean menu. hate having to Uninstall and then poof there it is...day or so later.
    you cant even delete them without a force delete program from the c\windows sysapps location, without modifying the privileges....
    Stuff that is never used should be able to be removed via system or other....i never understood why MS insterted adware to make u buy...Onenote..etc...
    all that stuff i never touch....not to mention the telemetry ...radio back my info....no no.. lol
    so i set out on a search to clean that out....after reading and reading...i chose to use that toolkit. didnt seem to Invasive to the system files. via reading up on each
    menu item...
    what method have you used? im curio. Uploading my iso to Gdrive now. ill post it for testing in Virtualbox.

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    :thinking: vivaldi:D:D
    I use only updated iso's for my stable installs;)

Win 95 or was it 98 had a banana throwing game;)

9. MJAINC

MJAINC MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2018
    so far its been stable for me. vivaldi is one of those obscure web browsers....i like being different lol

i doubt many will even attempt extracting the wim file....its command line driven.
    then u have to use the tool kit menus ...very dos ish....in functionality.
    dunno..just was project seemed to work for me.
    i like all input...curious if anyone has done it and shared...

10. xscorpionx

xscorpionx MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2017
    hello, not exit the gui version of msmg toolkit 8.9??

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Sadly we now all about vivaldi;):D

Btw, sharing homebrew iso's is not allowed here at MDL.

12. z110110

z110110 MDL Junior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    That's the first thing to do, delete edge/defender/ and everything store.
    With LTSC

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Please, tell us how to delete "everything store" on LTSC, which doesn't even have store....

14. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    :tooth:

15. Trickz

Trickz MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2015
    A bit off topic but what's the problem with Vivaldi ? Used if few times as a secondary browser on previous windows builds and it seemed ok.

16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Let's just say, you had to be there:D

17. z110110

z110110 MDL Junior Member

Apr 15, 2017
    #17 z110110, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
    Yes, the store of the context menu of LTSC can not be deleted.
    I mean, I used to streamline the system and delete all the online applications, but now I use LTSC myself.
    But have to delete those things from defender/onedirve.

18. scifimike12

scifimike12 MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2012
    FYI MSMG updated the Toolkit to v9.0.