Customing ISO : MSMG vs Win Toolkit

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by footnote_marmalade, Nov 7, 2020.

Tags:
?

which tool do you use ?

1. MSMG

85.7%
  2. Win Toolkit

14.3%
  1. footnote_marmalade

footnote_marmalade MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2020
    Hi Folks,

I'd like to create a custom Win10 ISO in the most efficient manner (the less steps the better).
    I'd like to cut off all the bloat cr*p and all the spying cr*p as well (telemetry etc).

In your opinion, which is the best tool between Win Toolkit and MSMG to do so ?
    Thx in advance and have a great weekend :)

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Win toolkit is not supported here on MDL, it has it's own website and it eats swm files when trying to merge them :D

3. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    SWM merging is not in the AIO part of the tool.

5. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    But the setting may be related to the way WinTookit does these things. I don't know how this "quicker merging" works do you know? If not just test, aren't you the tester? :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  7. footnote_marmalade

footnote_marmalade MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2020
    Wow guys, thanks for these quick replies, I never expected such a debate !

Hmmm I must say that you lost me when you talked about swm files, I pretty new to all of this...
    Anyway, I trust MDL when it comes to anything related to windows (that's why I came here in the first place) so I'll stick to MSMG (it seems more straightforward to me btw).

I can't wait for the upcoming LTSC (since I use AMD Ryzen) which is ultimately the way to go (IMHO) to get a clean Win10 install !