Cyber security awareness month: top practices for next-level privacy and anonymity

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Soundator, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Soundator

Soundator MDL Novice

May 23, 2018
    Hey. Since it is Cyber Security Awareness month I've decided to take extra steps in defending myself online. I've researched various articles like this (https://medium.com/@douglasethando/...next-level-privacy-and-anonymity-906aa9be5aa4) and such and gathered many tips. So I want to know what you guys and gals are doing to protect yourself? I use HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger and uBlock Origin plugins, NordVPN with CyberSec turned on, ProtonMail for mail, use Incognito mode very frequently. I think I'll keep my files in a cloud-based storage too. And of course 2 step authentification where possible. What do you use? I'm curious.

2. psi7

psi7 MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2018
    I use uMatrix :( Good setup. Though not using Vpn. Only to hide torrents from ISP, as they might send me a letter for stealing.

3. I would recommend this website if you wanna have some privacy : privacytools.io

4. billmcct

billmcct MDL Member

Aug 13, 2014
    I personally use uBlock Origin and rarely have need of a VPN.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Attached Files: