Database in C#

Discussion in 'Mixed Languages' started by carmz, Jun 5, 2012.

1. carmz

carmz MDL Senior Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hi,

I need some help, i want to learn databasing in C# does anyone has a good resources for this.please help me thank you.

2. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I take it you have some experience with C# already? Maybe you'll find this SQL Server tutorial helpful :)

3. carmz

carmz MDL Senior Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hi, thank you for the reply and giving this link,by the way i am not familiar with SQL server what version should i used of SQL server?,...is also C# can handle the ms access database?do you also have this resources as for beginners like me.Thank you in advance.

4. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Is really good the use of Microsoft SQL Server.

All databases will have the SQL language as base, SQL Server it's my recommendation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. carmz

carmz MDL Senior Member

Nov 29, 2011
    hi,Thank you for the reply and for the advice.what is that real name Microsoft SQL server ? is that also you are using it now?...by the way,i usually used ms access when i make program using java,but i want to experience first the access in c#...Can you help me please to provide some resources on this access.
    using C#.Thank you in advance.

6. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Maybe this would help you? If it doesn't let you download the source let me know and I'll grab it for you.

C# movie database

7. carmz

carmz MDL Senior Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hi,Dave thank you for this.but i could not dowload.can you please help me to donwload.Thank you in advance.

8. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Sure thing, Download it here

:)

9. carmz

carmz MDL Senior Member

Nov 29, 2011
    hi,Dave thank you for this.okay i will try to study this...

10. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    What is your primary goal for the database?

If you wanted to play a movie, you could integrate a search function into the database using the 'string' attatched to the name of the movie, then executing the video file(if exists) in the most elaborate environment like media player, media center, vlc player etc.

11. carmz

carmz MDL Senior Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Okay,thank you Dave...i thought your sending me video tutorial...sorry...but thank you for this and helping me.

12. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Oh, I get ya' :)

Make sure you pay attention to the developers commenting, it will help you understand what the code is and how it works.

13. carmz

carmz MDL Senior Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Thank you Dave.yes i will.

14. carmz

carmz MDL Senior Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hi is it okay to use SQL server in my p.c just serve as practice?does this will not cause problem?
    Thank you in advance.

15. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    Won't cause any problem...

Also the use of SQL Server Management Studio is recommended.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Josh Cell

Josh Cell MDL Developer

Jan 8, 2011
    I also like of the SQL Server 2005 and Management Studio 2005. Is very light and quick.

The latest versions are heavy and needs of many time to download / install and configure.

For beginners: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 IMO.

17. carmz

carmz MDL Senior Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Hi,sorry for the late reply...Okay i will look for sql server 2005.Thank you again for this.

18. terroare

terroare MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2012
    When you are ready to take MS SQL on the next level, I recommend you to take a look at stored procedures and T-SQL.
    Stored procedures are similar to functions from other languages, and can bring performance benefits because the code is compiled. Also notice that using stored procedures you can debug and make less mistakes, when working with SQL. And if you call stored procedures from C# code in a parametrized way, you can prevent many sql injection techniques. For more information just search for these terms on google, and you will get plenty of information. Good luck ;)

19. caronjudith

caronjudith MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2014
    C# sql

Hope the following link will help you.

csharp.net-informations.com/data-providers/csharp-sql-server-connection.htm

Caron