daughters laptop with RETAIL KEY showing non genuine now....

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by armada, Apr 6, 2010.

1. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    started it up to update things and boom non genuine. checked everything and it was fine. again this was a legit retail technet key. i went and clicked activate online and it fixed itself. but yeah weird that a technet key would do this and no this key has never been shared to anyone anywhere...im trying to figure out what caused it in the meantime

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    You may have had sppsvc set to manual

3. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    To deal with products from troublesome M$, just install a loader and it helps everything :p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    lol, I'm thinking that MDL members always make great loaders against M$ Windows so they might hate those who have genuine keys, don't they? :p

5. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Dont fell to bad Me and paymyrent had two mak keys pulled last week and one was not used and the other was used twice so far all of or retail keys are good never posted on the net and got blacklisted ms are dicks

6. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    it was so sad

7. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Poor you :( :hug2:

8. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Why would they do that?

9. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Do'nt know used Volume Activation Management Tool and was blacklisted

10. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I wonder if that is an error. Do you want me to try to activate with that MAK key and see what happens?

11. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    yes you can try I would but would have to reinstall

12. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Nah, I'll just install Enterprise using vmware later and then just attempt to activate it with the key. If it works then it works, if not then it does not. I doubt M$ would blacklist it though cause it was not leaked. My guess it is just a vamt error.

13. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    #13 armada, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
    (OP)
    yeah this was MY TECHNET account. my own personal one. the keys were NEVER used other than one time on one system. not even activated twice. so far only one was knocked off but i just clicked activate online and so far all is okay again. im not sure what happened. the service was not set to manual either i checked that.

brainsuck you mean your technet keys are being blacklisted? or just the mak key? what about the regular retail use ones. hers was only running premium and i have only used 4 of my 10 premium keys so far even. all single uses and single activations so far. now my daughter is only 4 but she is locked with parental controls so i know she cant change things she shouldnt have.

EDIT I KNOW WHAT HAPPEND its actually my fault. i forgot she wanted me to change her bios bootup screen for her like i have in the past to have her name inside mickey ears lol instead of what i had it with just a picture of mickey now that she is starting to read she wanted her name in there (i know but she she likes it lol). it went non genuine after flashing the bios which prior was modded with a lenovo slic table but not activated with a oem slp key. so after flashing the bios it went non genuine which is does happen sometimes after a bios flash.

14. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I think it is only his MAK key that blocked it. I personally checked his key and it is blocked!

15. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    wow so this is like the enterprise key i got from technet? the same thing? ill have to test mine but they better not have blocked mine i have not ever even used it yet not even once wow ill be pissed

16. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    See, now a good dad would have used that Avatar and not Micky Mouse ears.

17. gt2554

gt2554 MDL Junior Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Holy s**t guys. Are you serious? Your completely legitimate (as in you actually paid money for it) Technet Plus subscription Windows 7 Enterprise MAK was blacklisted??? Really?

I have used mine once and if it gets blacklisted there will be no end to the hell I'll raise. I paid a substantial amount of money for it and have not and will not ever abuse it. If they are blacklisting legitimate users there is going to be a serious s**t storm.

18. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    just heard from someone else that i know that is using their mak key they got from technet they own the account and they DO NOT share the keys and their mak key is also BLOCKED!!!! wtf?? i caled him to see and he said yup came up non genuine a couple days ago and it shows blocked now...this is bs if so.. i knew they were going to start cracking down with all the assholes selling the keys on ebay. this will suck bad soon imo every system i have is using technet lic keys... arghhhh

19. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    lol.... no aqua teen for her.. the wife says no way in hell lol

20. evildave

evildave MDL Junior Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Odd that you'd get on the blacklist radar for just 1 or 2 activations. You'd think that one of the biggest uses of Technet keys would be for testing automated MAK activation scenarios and those would quickly add up.

Incidentally, how many activations are the Technet Plus 7 and Vista Enterprise MAKs good for? I've heard people say 10, 50 and 500 on different occasions.