daz activator unsupported partition table

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ravivos21, Jun 9, 2014.

1. ravivos21

ravivos21 MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2014
    Hi,​
    I have tried to activate my windows 7 that I downloaded for free (cracked version)-I didn't understand if I may post it in this forum,sorry if it isn't forbidden. I downloaded windows 7 ultimate sp1 64-bit.
    I tried to activate it through daz loader 2.2.1 but it says: "unsupported partition table" although I installed it after full hard drive format and install it after change the startinf rom setting on bios from "efi compatible" to "legacy rom" and installed it but it wont worked. I did it because I understood that I need to install windows without uefi mode but in the boot menu the DVD disk is names: "UEFI: tssrcorp cddvdw7"
    and I how to disable uefi.
    I've got "gigabyte ga-b75m-d3h" mother board and 64 bit system.
    please help me :)

2. ravivos21

ravivos21 MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2014
    First of all thank you.
    Second, i tried to format my disk to mbr through a guide (cant post links yet ) but I can't because I have only one Disk what shall I do?

3. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    #4 oldsh_t, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    If you read the READ ME file that comes with the loader you will see this:

##########################################################################
    # 4 - UEFI motherboards
    ##########################################################################
    The loader doesn't work when the systems using GPT. The workaround is to pre-format your hard drive so that it uses MBR instead.

From your BIOS select to boot the Windows DVD without UEFI, press and hold SHIFT and then press F10 and then enter this:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0
    clean
    convert mbr
    create partition primary
    select partition 1
    format fs=ntfs quick

Boot the Windows DVD the same way you did the first time and then continue with the installation of Windows. Once complete you can then install the loader.

This is a second option:
    To forcefully boot Windows 7 without UEFI you can use the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool. Once the USB is created just delete bootmgr.efi from the USB and then try to boot from it.

4. eydee

eydee Guest

You can use UEFI and GPT, there's no need to go back to the 20th century just for the loader, because you don't need the loader at all. Install Professional or Enterprise and activate it with MTK. You'll have it for MS Office anyway.

5. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Question of preferences i would say, as there's not that much advantage in using GPT, only a PITA when it come to usage of non-signed kernels (aka dual boot with Linux) :D.

Would still be interested to know why the 'modern' approach uses an ancient layout for the install media :cool2:?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ravivos21

ravivos21 MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2014
    I tried to do the first one but after i press f10 it shows me a path,and I don't have nothing to choose, only hit the ENTER and then the installation starts normally, as for the second choice I tried it now and it didn't work .

7. rjk123

rjk123 MDL Member

Apr 29, 2011
    When you hit shift-F10, what it should have shown was a command prompt, at which you would type in the list of commands starting with diskpart.

8. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    When you press and HOLD "shift" then hit F10 you should see a dos screen come up. There will be nothing for you to select.... You have to enter the in formation as stated. Each time you type it in, hit enter, and wait for the next prompt, then type the next one.

Example:
    type diskpart hit enter
    wait
    Type list disk hit enter
    wait
    Etc.
    Etc.
    Etc.

9. ravivos21

ravivos21 MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2014
    No dos screen comes up,after a long SHIFT comes a window that it's title: "widows boot manager" and i have one option "windows setup [EMS enabled]" , I press F10. after that it says windows loading files and then there is " edit boot option" which shows me a path that I can't change :"... boot\winload.efi" and than a path that I can change :"... \sources\boot.win" after I continue there's the regular installation.

10. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    #11 CaptainKirk1966, Jun 12, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    Have you downloaded an official iso yet, or are you still wasting time with some pre-cracked version? I still recommend Professional version and activate with MTK rather than loader.

Anyhow, it is hard to imagine what you are doing wrong. Maybe you have not yet found the right option to boot without uefi. Boot windows dvd without uefi, then when you see the screen below hit shift-f10

one.jpg

result is

two.jpg

11. ravivos21

ravivos21 MDL Novice

Jun 9, 2014
    Well, i just did it and boot again, I chose the partition and it says:"windows cannot be i stalled on to this disk. The selcted disk hAs an mbr partition table on efi system windows can only be installed to gpt disk

12. carl123

carl123 MDL Novice

Jan 18, 2013
    #13 carl123, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    @ravivos21

I could provide you with a win 7 ultimate retail key...pm me

13. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    You must find a way to boot the install media in non-UEFI mode. Only then it will install to MBR disks.

14. CaptainKirk1966

CaptainKirk1966 Former MDL Guru

Oct 31, 2009
    #15 CaptainKirk1966, Jun 15, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2014
    Well, there is a practical side to it. Windows 7 can install on uefi systems and gpt disks, but Daz loader just plain won't work with gpt. It seems a limitation of the grub4dos upon which Daz loader is based. Combine this with the fact that, for some reason, people immediately install the Ultimate edition on gpt disks, even if they don't really need it, and then find they can't activate it with the loader. Of course, volume kms/mak will not work with Ultimate either. That's why I personally prefer the Professional edition, where kms activation is also an option.

So yeah, with the move to uefi systems, not even mentioning Windows 8.x, the loader is in many ways yesterdays news.

15. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Once harddisks >2TiB will be common, it will become an advanced OpaTool, I guess.