Daz loader and dual boot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Fraggy, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    Hey everybody,
    on my computer i have a dual boot :
    1st : Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 legally activated by sony with a "OEM:NONSLP" key
    2nd : Windows 7 x64 SP1 Ultimate with HAL7600
    HAL7600 doesn't work at all in Windows 7 and Microsoft flagged me as "non-guenine". So I want to activate it with a safe method.
    And there is my question : can i activate 7 with Daz Loader without breaking my Vista activation ?
    Thanks,
    PS : maybe there is an another thread considering this problem but i didn't see it :s, i'm new to this forum
    PS2 : 7 was installed after vista

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    #2 Fraggy, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
    (OP)
    Thx a lot ! :) And will it break vista's activation ?
    I have an another question : is it possible to make a pre-activated ISO of Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x64 fr ? I have a MSDN untouched one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    #4 Fraggy, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
    (OP)
    Which should I use ?
    1st : too scary to break vista's activation :s
    2nd and 3rd : i don't see the difference between loader and unattend activation... can you explain me ?
    Oh and something else : i self-modded my bios to activate intel vt-x (with syncmos) so i would like not to have a slic embedded in the bios, so solution 1 seem to be risky

4. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    You say Vista is activated by a NONSLP serial which would suggest that it's not using a SLIC. The loader will use a SLIC and use an OEM serial so you shouldn't have any problems with Vista, certainly nothing that uninstalling the loader wouldn't cure even if you did have problems.

5. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    Okay thanks for the explanation. But does SLIC activation method modifies the BIOS ?

6. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    No. BIOS mod's modify the BIOS, the loader doesn't modify any hardware :)

Pay attention to the bootsect command in the read me file, just in case you need to change some of the advanced settings.

7. Fraggy

Fraggy MDL Addicted

Jun 13, 2011
    Okay thanks ! I'll try this tomorrow :D

8. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    fraggy,

i'm running dual boot with XP (which is OEM--came with the machine) and Windows 7.

Daz's loader has nothing to do with the XP activation, only Windows 7.

I'm using Daz's loader to activate Windows 7, and my XP is still OEM activated, no issues whatsoever. i do understand Vista was a little different from XP, but the outcome will be the same,

Windows 7 will be activated, and your Vista will be activated the same way that it is now because it has nothing to do with Daz's loader...