Daz loader...impact on Win 10

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stephr1, Apr 24, 2015.

1. stephr1

stephr1 MDL Junior Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Please don't flame. Wasn't quite sure where to post this and thought this was as good as any. Thanks for understanding.

I'm curious if anyone has been able to see any adverse performance/configuration/errors/etc. when loading up the Win 10 technical preview after having used the Daz bootloader for either Win 7 or Win 8/8.1.

I haven't seen anything (not that I would anyways) but am curious if anyone has any insight into this based on how MS has stated they would deal with pirated copies.

Thanks in advance.....

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    why would u use a loader when at this moment does not require any activation.....i dont think daz loader for win 7-8 will work in version 10

3. Krutonium

Krutonium MDL Senior Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I think he means for later.

4. LLStarks

LLStarks MDL Member

May 17, 2011
    People still use loaders?

I thought everyone moved onto KMS-based activations

5. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    well time will tell.....theirs rumors win10 upgrade will be free if u have a valid win 7-8 license.

6. Krutonium

Krutonium MDL Senior Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Keyword being Valid - Will the loader pass as valid? I guess it comes down to, if you install Daz Loader on 10, will it pass as a valid 7 licence.

7. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Win Loader ONLY works to Win7 nothing above, except Server 2012 R2 Standard because it still uses the same activation setup. There is no loader for 8.x or 10 and never will be. KMS for 8.x.

And 10 is still not RTM so we have no idea what will work with it until it is RTM and we get to see the final activation mechanisms in it.

More than likely Win7 systems running an OEM license will not pass for a free Win10. If for no other reason than what the loader has done for Win7 and OEM cert/key install to any machine. But as stated, time will tell.

8. stephr1

Jun 2, 2012
    I appreciate all the feedback.

Yes, I was referring to later. Without knowing exactly what Win 10 does when a system (Win 7 or Win 8) is updated/upgraded to Win 10.....It's not like a lesser security or functional update. This is a whole operating system change over.

Interesting comment of loader vs kms.

@Krutonium - A slightly different question is if you use the Daz loader for Win 7, will Win 10 see that as a valid install so that Win 10 becomes valid, as well....or maybe MS already recognizes that and is ready for it.

I figured it was a "wait & see", but thought I'd put the question out there for thought.

Thanks....

9. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    My guess is that the Daz loader will pass. If M$ could tell you were using the loader them millions of users would have been shut down long ago.
    Lets face it M$ knows the loader is out there and they have yet been able to get around it. The only way for them to get around it was to make a new operating system, (Windows 7 on drugs) and change the activation setup.

10. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    It would be very simple for them to say no OEM:SLP key activated Win7 systems can get the free Win10. That is what the loader uses, all OEM keys, would be easy enough to drop them as eligible to upgrade.

They could have got around the loader ages ago, but that would require killing all OEM keys that leaked, like the black listed lenovo key lol That wont happen, but OEM Activation --to--> Win10 is asking a lot lol.

11. GQHomie

GQHomie MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2015
    So true:)But changes might be needed for WINDOWS 10.

12. stephr1

Jun 2, 2012
    #12 stephr1, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015
    (OP)
    Based on recent previous statements, everyone(?) gets to install/upgrade to Win 10 for free within the 1st year of RTM. What we don't know (and my purpose for the original question) is what happens after some fixed point in time for those systems upgraded (from Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) that are not recognized (?) as valid.

What is the basis for valid? Will there be functional limitations? Limited/non-access to certain apps? Some cost after the "grace period"? This is what we don't know. I guess we may very well find out for sure some time late summer, won't we?

13. GQHomie

GQHomie MDL Novice

Apr 24, 2015
    MS will keep you Guessing. Nothing is free and "with out trust you have nothing"

14. stephr1

Jun 2, 2012
    I would add...."Trust, but verify!" :)

15. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Verify is a very important word around here, nice choice :D

16. shawnmos

shawnmos MDL Member

Oct 27, 2007
    I doubt they would block OEM licences from getting a free upgrade. That would be PR suicide after stating that everyone with Win7 was eligible for a free upgrade. Most Windows 7 licences are OEM. Therefore, I think that the only way they could offer it as a free upgrade is to allow Windows 10 to accept both Windows 7 and Windows 8 forms of activation, meaning that the Daz loader will once again work.

17. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    I agree. The majority of consumers get Windows with their PC, so blocking OEM licenses wouldn't make much sense. If Microsoft is really about to block something, it's more likely KMS activated systems because this is an enterprise level activation method and not the usual way consumers license their machine.

18. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    That would mean every user of Windows Loader would get a free upgrade, that is exactly what loader uses, OEM key and cert for all Win7 setups using it. I highly doubt that will happen, but as I said, time will tell.

It all really depends on whether MS is out to make money or not and If they want to push a free OS to MILLIONS of Windows Loader users. There are as many if not more users of Windows Loader than legit OEM systems still in use.

Not to be mistaken and think MS knows nothing about the loader either :D

19. stephr1

Jun 2, 2012
    #19 stephr1, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
    (OP)
    From what I remember reading, M$ was offering upgradability (free in the 1st year) even to those with "pirated" copies of Win 7/8/8.1 (specific inference to China). So, I expect that those with loader (and quite possibly, but unknown/confirmed, KMS) arrangements can download and install a fully(?) functional Win 10 OS...at least up to some point in time. IIRC M$ made the statement that those OS's deemed valid (big question as to what will pass for that) will become valid Win10 OS. Those that aren't, won't.

And that's what raised my questions: What will pass as a valid pre-existing Win OS and what's the "penalty" for upgrading an invalid Win OS to Win 10: functionality, accessibility, cost..."some or all of the above"...and when would it kick in.

20. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    I recon MS want to get as many users as they can to Win10 & to get them using the M$ $tore. All these new clients purchasing from their $tore will earn them easy $$$...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...