Daz loader not working and boot problems after use

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bigjohnno, Jan 5, 2012.

1. bigjohnno

bigjohnno MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    G'Day,

I'm in my 60's but not a novice to PC's, however, I am only just finding my way around Win 7 after years of XP, and some of the terms used on the Official Windows 7 Repository are foreign to me.

I recently bought a new PC which came with Win 7 64 & 32 bit Installation discs, I have 64 bit on my new MEDION PC, and am trying to activate the 32 bit version using the DAZ loader on my 8 year old AMD Athlon.

A few months ago I managed to successfully activate an installation on the Athlon from the same 32 bit MEDION OEM disc, the activation worked perfectly, however days later, in installing a Driver for a pre Win 7 USB hub which I found in the Win 7 list of Drivers the system crashed.

I deleted, created, and formatted a new partition and the fresh Install went well using the same OEM disc.

I have tried to activate around 8 times, using the DAZ Loader, which presets to Gigabyte, the brand of Motherboard on the PC, with no success each time, and Windows only gives me 3 days to activate not 30, I tried by cmd prompt to extend to 30 days but got only a further 3.

The Daz Loader indicates that it is in good condition.

Every time I install or uninstall the loader my system will not boot, and I have to force with a bootsect cmd each time.

I have tried a straight install>failed to activate, failed to boot>Uninstalled Loader
    tried disabling type 4 memory>failed as above>uninstaslled Loader
    I then reset Brand to MEDION for all 3 categories, installed loader>failed as above Uninstalled Loader
    ran WAT FIX
    then reinstalled using legacy mode
    >failed as above, with screen displaying "THIS VERSION OF WINDOW IS NOT GENUINE" message- uninstalling the Loader thankfully removed this tag from the screen.

The machine I am trying to install on is around 8 years old, the best I could build at the time and runs Win 7 well, however it predates the creation of SLIC v2.1, so I doubt there is anything in the Bios, and am not feeling confident enough to go into the Bios to make changes without some clear instructions.

The Product key visible with Windows PK finder is a MEDION one, as it is close to the one on my 64 bit machine.

Have I missed a step?

Are other configurations to the Daz Loader required to make it work?

I have read as much as I can on this site, and followed the instructions carefully, so have no idea what is wrong or why I can't activate.

I have stayed up all night for the past 3 nights trying to get this to work, which is detrimental to my health as I have MS which requires plenty of rest, but with only days to accomplish the activation it has become critical - as I have all Windows updates in place apart from the one which has to do with ensuring Genuine Windows installations only are allowed -KB971033.

The Machine is perfectly clean apart from the current installation, having tried so many activations is there anything I should do to clean out any files that may have been affected?

Can anyone advise me please in fairly simple terms, of any process I might need to check/change/run which might facilitate a successful activation?

Thanks

John

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Install the loader with it's default boot menu and then once your systems restarts select the first debug option from the list. What I need to know is if it freezes at this point or do you see the Windows boot animation and then the system freezes? Also does the system boot with the "No SLIC" option selected?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bigjohnno

bigjohnno MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    #3 bigjohnno, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
    (OP)
    Thanks for getting back to me acrsn, but as I mentioned I did activate on this PC from this OEM disc a few weeks ago using the Daz loader, so as it has worked before, and the system cleaned after I uninstalled, I expected it to work again.

4. bigjohnno

bigjohnno MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    #4 bigjohnno, Jan 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    (OP)
    Thanks for getting back so quickly Daz,

after posting I did try installing with the default boot menu ticked, but then I found that not only could I not reboot, but that the bootsect.exe commands did not work.
    I eventually had to do a Start repair from the Instal Disc which repaired the MBR and allowed me to boot again. At no stage was there a freeze, nor were there any debugging options on restart, it simply loaded the Windows Screen and then I got a black screen with a cursor in the top left corner.
    I'll go and try the "NO SLIC" option now and report back asap
    UPDATE:

Installed Loader with defaults apart from ticking the No Slic option in the advanced tab, system still did not boot, so had to cmd prompt bootsect to get it to boot, then
    Tried to activate and was told that the product key is invalid - still looks like a Medion one 00359-OEM8992687-00202

It just occurred to me that I had to search microsoft to activate my Win 7 and think I may have downloaded the Genuine advantage tool, is there any way to tell or remove it if that is the case?

ALSO I just noticed that the KB971033 has installed itself since my validity check.......can I do anythin bout that as I hae tried to remove it but it is still in the list?

Thanks

John

5. bigjohnno

bigjohnno MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    #5 bigjohnno, Jan 6, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    (OP)
    Sorry Daz I gave a wrong answer before, I had tried with the current boot settings, so I have just tried with default boot manager, no windows boot animation, skips straight to options screen Debug #1 brings up a screen, slic loader v 1.6.4 which hangs until it tries to reboot
    cbda 0x0, cbda high 0x5b00
    Invalid RSDP extended checksum
    0xf000e817 0xffffffff 0x0 0x0 0x0
    0xffffffff 0xe817f0 0x0 0x0 0x0

ticking No Slic option eventuates in no boot

******* I Found it especially difficult to reboot from Default Boot Menu, did a startup repair from the installation disc and report said that OS had booted successfully, so had to revert to command prompt to force bootsect*****

I have a microsoft message in the right hand corner of my screen saying Build 7601 is not a genuine version of Windows (but I know that it is)

Should I try disabling type 4 memory as well as default boot menu, then try legacy with default boot menu to see if either of those options make a difference?

cheers

John

6. bigjohnno

bigjohnno MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    Oh No, I removed it from the list of installed updates, I guess it will come through again?

I am still trying various options, but the machine is a little slow with the installation disc to repair the MBR, so haven't tried to revalidate for a couple of hours, but did get that message that Build 7601 was not genuine about half an hur ago

To be honest I am losing concentration as I haven't been to sleep yet and it is now midday here, am not sure what options I should try next?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

7. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    @bigjohnno

What version is installed in the MEDION PC?? Can u pls share the oem:slp key of it?? We only have Starter and Home Premium for MEDION o_O

8. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ bigjohnno
    You say you installed the loader before and it worked, so any idea which version? The debug information you've gave me says that the BIOS isn't fully compatible, but you also say that the 'No SLIC' option fails to boot you too which suggests that a setting in your BIOS has changed at some point. So you could try to restore your BIOS to it's default settings or look for an option to do with ACPI and make sure it's enabled.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. bigjohnno

bigjohnno MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    Thanks for keeping going for me acrsn,

Had to take 14 hours off to sleep as I had gone 3 nights without.

I'll have a go at your suggestions and then report back, I appreciate the ongoing support very much,

10. bigjohnno

bigjohnno MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    Good idea Daz, Thanks for keeping my problem in motion, When I first used the loader it was the same OEM Home Premium disc, with the same version of the loader (the latest release), but I have been thinking that the problem lies in already configured Bios, Slics or Certs still on my machine.
    I have a friend who is a bit more IT savvy than I am so will get him over when I flash the Bios and update, as this will be a first for me, and I know it can be tricky.

I'll report back once done and have attempted activation after that,

Thanks for the support

11. bigjohnno

bigjohnno MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    Hi Tito

With the MEDION OEM disc I have installed Home Premium, I successfully activated a version with Daz loader a few weeks ago but had to reinstall due to a problem - so I know they work, but perhaps that activation has left something on my machine which is preventing the current one. Bothe Daz and acrsn have given me a couple of ideas to work with as you will see - so I'm going to work with those suggestions and I'll report back.

12. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I guess this is a stupid newbie question, but if you buy a new computer complete with Windows 7 installation disks, why not just use the Microsoft key provided and be done with it?

13. bigjohnno

bigjohnno MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    It is a valid question, however I have the 64 bit Win7 running on my new Computer, and want to put the 32 bit on my old Computer and network them so that I have networked storage - recycling perfectly good Hard Drives seems better than paying Double the price they were 6 months ago. The factories are all in the area of Bangkok which was flooded a couple of months ago and nothing has been manufactured since then, so prices here are soaring as availibility decreases - and the other problem fact is that the License for the Installation disc is for one Computer only, so a simple install from another brand of PC than the one the disc was configured for got a message from Microsoft saying - "Computer says No"

14. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ bigjohnno
    There might be a bug in version 2.1 of the loader thats causing the problem. I will send you a private message with a few things to try.

15. bigjohnno

bigjohnno MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    Sorry for the delay

Sorry to take so long to get back to you, I didn't mention it before but I have Multiple Sclerosis, which I can normally wear, but I have had a flare up of symptoms since Christmas, getting gradually more ill, and haven't been well enough to do so much as prepare a meal for myself.

I thought I should keep you in the loop, in case you thought I was one of those hit and run people on the internet who don't follow through, and closed the thread.

I'm back at the hospital for another transfusion on Monday so it might take me a while to get fit enough to spend hours on the Computer, but I am determined, and will report back to you as soon as I have been able to try the suggestions which have been made on this site.

I am really impressed and very grateful for the immediate and ongoing support from you all, and am lookiing forward to posting a success log for your enjoyment.

all the best

John

16. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Get well Bigjo:dance:

17. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I'm thinking that you may be effected by a bug in the loader, but we've not been provided with any debug information by anyone to fix it.

I will send you a new private message with some instructions :)

18. bigjohnno

bigjohnno MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    Thanks Daz,

I have sent PM back to you, and await your instructions

Cheers

John

19. bigjohnno

bigjohnno MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2012
    Hello Daz,

There is a new PM for you, as v 2.0 also failed

All the best

John

20. dongeon

dongeon MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2012
    Hey all

I'm new at this forum, but I have exactly the same problem !

I don't know if this matter was solved or something ?
    I tried all previous suggestions in this tread =) same medion pc from somewhat 6 years old

hope someone can help me !

Kind regards
    Dongon