DAZ Loader on BIOS (NON-UEFI) GPT RAID ARRAY 10TB? Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Deleted member 254734, Dec 17, 2011.

I've got eh, good setup...except motherboard isn't UEFI. BIOS with Nvidia chipset. I used Nvidia to RAID my drives together as a single 10TB 'drive' and Windows 7 refuses to install to it as it is GPT but BIOS is not UEFI...Wondering if UEFI-partition mod will work but DAZ...how to fit this into the mix?

1. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    You'd probably have issues with the drive being so large so a BIOS mod may be the best method for your setup.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. #3 Deleted member 254734, Dec 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2012
    (OP)
    I've read there is a 'UEFI' for BIOS people...installs on a FAT32 partition and emulates UEFI transparently. Maybe another wonderful and elegant DAZ solution could be made, DAZ-UEFI? :D Didn't *expect* you to response to my post, many thanks DAZ. For more information: rodsbooks.com/bios2uefi/

I don't see a BIOS mod being an answer though to my situation. I've got the NF980-G65 at the moment. Is it because of UEFI having API that might circumvent it or is it due to expecting 16/32-bit pmode instead of lmode?

3. Rel0k

Rel0k MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2013
    Daz, by the way I understand your current MOD is not working with GPT formatted Drives because your mod doens't work on GPT Partition Table, but since now is 2013, I don't understand why you aren't creating one that works on GPT too, I'm not that experienced to know why you didn't code anything to work on GPT so I ask you if it would be that difficult to make the loader work on GPT or if other problems are involved.

No matter what,
    Thanks for your work.

4. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #5 Daz, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    The loader (boot loader) is a forked version of GRUB4DOS and GRUB4DOS doesn't support GPT at all. So to make the loader work on GPT would mean rebuilding the whole thing. I don't have the time to do that anymore so we recommend that people who don't have 2TB+ drives to use MBR instead. It's not an ideal solution for everyone, but it works.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Rel0k

Rel0k MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2013
    I've a 3TB HD that's why I asked, anyway thanks for your rapid answer I appreciate clarity. Thanks for your effort :)