Daz loader....(Problems) "The certificate wasn't successfully installed"

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by WHYCANTIFIXTHIS, Sep 26, 2015.

1. WHYCANTIFIXTHIS

WHYCANTIFIXTHIS MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2015
    #1 WHYCANTIFIXTHIS, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    Well My title is crappy but... I have a huge issue happened..

SO! to start out I am having trouble with a certain .dll below.
    Faulting application name: ccsetup509.exe, version: 2.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4f47e2df
    Faulting module name: MSVCR90.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4dace5b9
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x61a0345e
    Faulting process id: 0x408
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d0f81f12c9e255
    Faulting application path: Hidden
    Faulting module path: MSVCR90.dll
    Report Id: 51633157-6412-11e5-b6d6-6c626d7be7b8

Well after I go and reinstall damn .dll the program associated with it no success not sure what is going on so my happy ass goes on a windows 7 forums help website. they suggest running a /SFC Scannow (Boy this is when s**t gets ugggly)
    So "Your windows is not genuine" is back to haunt my graves so I'm like alright easy fix let me just go look for daz loader on google ANOTHER BIG MISTAKE...

apparently the first website listed is extreme case of malware and again me being stupid and automatically trusting the website.. which none of chrome detected anything of it having foul play (I should have checked virustotal readings on it)

This malware corrupted my damn system restores... any hope of a backup is non existent I decided to use legit version of daz loader.. and GREAT another f****** road block.. (My pc is already hung up over damn 1300 objects of malware that was released to it) it is bringing up this error ""The certificate wasn't successfully installed"

So I am hoping I could have a kind gent.. possibly help me in regaining my pc back to is somewhat stable state (THE GOD DAMN .DLL STILL ISN'T WORKING AFTER ALL THIS MESS) but I will just deal with it not working if I could have my system restored.

(I tried to find a vendor for windows 7 they want 300 bucks I said a big f*** YOU AMAZON SCAMMERS)

/endrant

Good day gents.

2. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #2 Skaendo, Sep 26, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WHYCANTIFIXTHIS

Sep 18, 2015
    #3 WHYCANTIFIXTHIS, Sep 26, 2015
    (OP)
    Holy s**t you have three trophies :worthy:. Arthur Dent noticed me

Well good guide there and links much appreciated.. except...

INSTALLING WINDOWS WILL DESTROY ALL MY PRETTY 400GB'S OF AWESOME DATA. why would you make my life worse then it already has become, I literally am at a 3min startup time due to fact it says "windows can't start up" yet when I click "start windows normally" it works just fine! EXCEPT when startup repair automatically gets accepted after 30 seconds I HAVE TO COME BACK TO A REPAIR THAT DOES NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT ITS REPAIRING.+1 Microsoft

So solution ?

PS.

Sniped version

4. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #4 Skaendo, Sep 26, 2015
    My only suggestion would be to set up your drive different. I would set it up with a D:\ partition where all your personal data gets stored. Then you can reinstall Windows a thousand times and never worry about your data. If your drive is not full you can shrink your C:\ partition, create D:\ and move all your data to D:\. If it is close to full you might have to shrink C: and expand D: a few times to get it to where all your data will fit.

Personally that is how I set up my drive, actually I have it so that my partitions that are required by Windows is 50.1GB (System Reserved = 100MB & C:\ = 50GB) and the rest I can set up for D:\ or I can install another OS or slice it up to whatever. But YMMV with the sizes you need.

:good3: Just call me Ford :D (not really :D)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. WHYCANTIFIXTHIS

Sep 18, 2015
    Nice to meet you Ford:D(not really:D)

So I have something to add now that you brought something to my attention I have an SSD coming tomorrow which I will install only most important programs and games on but I want to use my old clunker HDD as a 2nd hard drive to man my lesser programs and trash dumps(temp files windows cluster f*** files)

What would you recommend best setup to use between 2 drives. (I'm not sure if my motherboard will support or if I have correct connection to MSI 870-G45 (MS-7599) support both drives) I do know my motherboard is only sata 2 :( so my SSD won't reach full max hyper speed. but it will be used in my more upgraded pc coming in next xxx years.

(I wouldn't mind more flashy links and guides to important stuff)

6. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    I don't have a lot of experience with SSDs, but, I would use the SSD as my OS drive and just set up the HDD as D:\ and like you said keep your personal files on it. Once you have the SSD set up and running then you can just hook up your HDD, make a temporary folder for your files, and then delete the rest of the old Windows folders. Then you can move your files out of the temp folder and put them in the root of the D:\ drive.

If you do it like that, and remember to keep all your personal files on D:\, then all you would have to backup every once in a while is your bookmarks and your set.

I set my D:\ partition/drive up like "My Documents", with folders like Downloads, Documents, Pictures etc. and I never use the Windows "My Documents". That's just a suggestion though.

7. WHYCANTIFIXTHIS

Sep 18, 2015
    #7 WHYCANTIFIXTHIS, Sep 26, 2015
    (OP)
    Does windows automatically set a new plugged in drive to D or will my old windows files corrupt something

Meaning:

When I install windows to my new SSD plug it in.. if I even have correct stuff to do (didn't order cables) then plug in my old drive will it automatically set my drive as another letter without the old registries... etc bothering it?

8. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    The easiest way to do it would be to hook up only the SSD and install Windows, then hook up your HDD as slave and it should boot from the SSD and will make your HDD D:\. Then you can delete all the old Windows folders from it with no worries.

9. WHYCANTIFIXTHIS

Sep 18, 2015
    Thanks for all replies I must revive from my zombie like state and retire for the night I shall return tomorrow to analyze and report back any findings !

good day gent. :trollface:

10. slope_45

slope_45 MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2014
    #10 slope_45, Sep 26, 2015

I use this setup with the OS on C and data on D. I currently have W7 Pro, and want to switch to Ultimate. Since I have Pro installed, will there be any problem if I re-format the C drive that holds my OS, and re-install W7 Ultimate? My concern is that there may be a problem with the contents of AppData folder with the new install of Ultimate.

11. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    #11 Skaendo, Sep 27, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2015

You should have no problems, but all your 3rd party programs that you have installed will need to be reinstalled. That is the only thing that I can see that you will need to do.

Side-note: If for some reason you have your 3rd party programs installed to D:\, then those will need to be reinstalled again as well since settings and registry entries wont carry over to a fresh install.

Before you do a reinstall make sure to back up your bookmarks from Firefox or IE. (If you have unsorted bookmarks, make sure to move them into a temp folder since I'm not 100% sure that those get backed up.) And to make it a little easier on yourself, you could download any installers that you might need before you reinstall.

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ slope_45, not sure if it still works but if you are using oem:slp activation you could try windows anytime upgrade and just enter ultimate oem:slp key.

13. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014