Daz loader vs Toolkit for Win 10 upgrade?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by tmf2, Aug 11, 2015.

1. tmf2

tmf2 MDL Junior Member

May 5, 2010
    Is it best to go win 7 and Dazs Loader vs Win 8.1 and toolkit activation prior to Windows 10 upgrade and why? Both ways activate. as far as the toolkit goes why not just remove the auto kms after upgrading?

Thanks, Dennis

2. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    MS knows it was KMS activated. Not in the allowed upgrade path and may deactivate later

3. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

MS knows everything, but ATM they want just to keep the monopoly

4. nsfgp

nsfgp MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2009
    Either way will work. I have tried both many times now. And yes you can uninstall Auto KMS after the upgrade.
    MS is the least of my concern. But if I am to wipe the drive clean before going to 10; I would go SLIC2.1 Bios/Win7/OEM-SLP Key activate. I want things clean and hate loader/MTK unless I have to.

5. Taliseian

Taliseian MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    My choice is as nsfgp says...

*NOTE - You must stay connected the entire time as MS checks activation and upgrade via the net*
    Install Win7
    Install Windows Loader
    Verify activation
    Upgrade to Windows 10
    Verify activation
    Clean install Windows 10
    Verify activation

T

6. Jacoub

Jacoub MDL Member

Aug 14, 2011
    I noticed today that if a PC running windows 7 Pro activated by DAZ loader or Windows 8.1 activated by KMS after upgrading to windows 10 Pro it will be activated but later when you have a fresh install on the same hardware Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I would appreciate if somebody can try & confirm

7. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Don't know about KMS but the loader way works fine.. Does not become unactivated. Have done in several VMs and on one hardware. No problems at all on fresh installs.

8. Taliseian

Taliseian MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    My main machine was a Loader activated W7SP1 64bit Pro. I went through the process I listed above and right now I have a clean install, activated W10 64bit Pro.

Just make sure you stay connected so that W10 can verify the hardware hash.

T