daz loader2.0

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stud79, Apr 29, 2011.

1. stud79

stud79 MDL Novice

Apr 29, 2011
    im running windows 7 ult. oem and i installed it as normal. I turned updates off when installing OS. I then ran the daz loader and rebooted and im genuine. I then proceeded to turn on windows update and it installed the kb971033. What ist the best thing to do with this? since im already genuine will it affect me or should i just start all over with re-installing the OS, or just uninstall the kb971033 update? whats the best thing to do with my situation thanks!!!!!

2. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rcnsit

rcnsit MDL Novice

Feb 8, 2011
    As I know, you can't remove that update. In the worst case,if it does flag your system (rare),you may just uninstall & then reinstall the loader.

4. Liebo

Liebo MDL Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Why a loader, can't you update the BIOS instead?

5. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Uninstall works fine for KB971033. When it shows up again, you can right click and hide it if you wish.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    #6 zahnoo, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
    A commonly recommended action for the Daz loader is to get it installed successfully then validate your install on the Windows validation website. At least one action of validation is to install KB971033. Even so, Daz loader will allow your system to pass validation. You can uninstall KB971033 if you wish and hide it also if you wish. With KB971033 installed or uninstalled, my usage of Daz loader has always brought proper website validated. From numerous comments here, that is the usual result.

7. carfal

carfal MDL Junior Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Actually, if you have a clean system,install the loader and your system shows you as acitvated then it is entirely unnecessary to go to the Windows Validation Website. The ONLY time it is necessary to go to the Windows Validation Website is if your marked as Non Genuine for some reason. If this happens then the only way to become Genuine again is to go to the Windows Validation Website (after you've installed the loader of coarse! :) )

8. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Exactly, validation is not necessary in every case to be sure, but if you read the multitude of posts you'll see the admonition to validate on the Windows site as the last step in the process; hence the "commonly recommended". I see it as you've put the lid on the jar correctly, but give it one last twist to make sure it's seated. Sometimes redundunduncy can be a good thing.

Thanks for the comment though, the less confusion the better.

9. Liebo

Liebo MDL Member

Jul 9, 2009
    I still fail to see why there is a requirement for loaders of any sort?

BIOS SLIC Mod all the way baby...

10. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Well said, and the point is: Do whatever works for ya:D

11. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    As Henry Ford said about the color of his cars when they first rolled off the assembly line ... you can have any color you want as long as it's black. Aren't we all glad different paints were invented when one would have done the job forever.

Different strokes for different folks. And of course some of us are left handed. :)

12. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #12 Daz, Apr 29, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
    * Ease of use
    * Works on millions of systems where as a BIOS mod only works on one type of system
    * Operates exactly the same as a BIOS mod (loads a SLIC into memory)
    * Activates hardware that can't be modified

Would you risk modding a BIOS on your expensive new motherboard? What if it was EFI too?

A loader is pretty much the same as a BIOS mod at this point Liebo. They're both not effected by WAT and for most people the loaders the safest solution as there's no risk to damaging your hardware. If you feel safe modding your BIOS then go for it but theres a lot of people out there that just don't want to make changes to their hardware :)

13. Liebo

Liebo MDL Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Hello Daz, thank you for taking the time to respond.

I understand what you are saying and I don't want to "poo poo" your work, I am sure it is appreciated by many people. Given that MS is working to detect your method, I thought it would make sense to move away from loaders etc.

14. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    They're not working to target my method lol.

The methods the WAT update targets is RemoveWAT and anything that modifies system files. As the loader doesn't modify system files and as each user has a unique version of the loader installed it's almost impossible for MS to block it ;)

If the loader method was broke then the BIOS mod method would also be caught at the same time.

15. Liebo

Liebo MDL Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Oh I see. I thought that KB update which is disrupting user's installs was because they were using your loader.

16. regal

regal MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Maybe if you have an old motherboard, but if you have a modern SandyBridge UEFI H67 there are a lot of folks with brand new bricked motherboards trying to mod these new UEFI's. Not only that but there will be several more bios updates for SandyBridge, so each time you upgrade to the newest bios with a hacked slic you take a big chance of bricking it.

The Daz loader makes the most sense for folks with new technology, I guess the slic bios's are fine if you have an obsolete motherboard but I wouldn't be bragging about it.

17. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    I currently have Daz's loader version 2.0.0 installed on my old "junk box" that has a Gigabyte 7VT600P-RZ main board, manufactured circa 2004, and it's worked perfectly from day 1. So did the previous two versions for that matter. The entire computer was assembled from cast-off parts left behind by several iterations of upgrades to several machines that started in, oh, 2005-2006 most likely. So from my perspective, Daz has done a wonderful job of creating a tool that, well, "just works". At least for me, and it running on the dinosaur I have is a mark of pure genius in my opinion.

I'm an old fart and frankly I hate throwing out old things that still perform well; maybe my wife feels the same way. ;)

Anyway, just wanted to make my experience known to any considering using Daz's loader on an old computer or one they fear is marginal somehow. May not work for all of them, but for me its performance has been as perfect as it could be. It is such a pleasure to find a product that not only works perfectly, but is accompanied by some of the best documentation I've ever seen. And as a former, long term, procedure writer I've seen the bad stuff.