Daz's Windows Loader is not compatible with AMD?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kevin1234, May 2, 2013.

1. kevin1234

kevin1234 MDL Novice

May 2, 2013
    So I looked into the common questions and answers thread first and found this:

Am sorry but I am not quite of a tech guy so I don't really understand what GPT is and what it does. I recently decided to build a computer and my friend is helping me put it together (he has built a couple before). The only problem here is I am using an AMD processor and the past computers that he has built were ran by Intel processors. When we were trying to install windows 7 and activate it via daz's windows loader, it won't let us and that status says "Unsupported partition table." We spent 3 good hours trying to figure out what's wrong but ended up with nothing. I did try to fully format it (I think), but it still didn't work. I might have not done a full format, if someone can tell me how to do a full format on a solid state please that would be helpful. The next thing we did was delete all the partitions and make a new one and install windows 7 again, but the same result happened. Finally, after 6 hours of nothing, I suggested to my friend to install the Windows 7 in my solid state using his computer, and so he did. Surprisingly, it worked. Windows 7 booted up on my computer and says that it's activated. I am not sure if it would function correctly though because his processor was intel and mine is AMD. I did try to look for solutions but I could not find other ones so I am posting on this forum for help. I tried to do the MGADiag report but I think the link in the thread is not working. The page is gone when I click the link for the download. I need help please, I've been trying to get my computer to work properly but I just couldn't do it, and neither my friend because he has never experienced that kind of problem before.
    If this would help, my computer's specs are:

Processor: AMD FX-8350
    Mother Board: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 AM3+ ATX
    Solid State Drive: Kingston HyperX 3k

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
  3. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    #4 rrohela, May 2, 2013
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
    Change your bios setting & set to boot into legacy mode.....

:dance: :)

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Runs fine on my AMD machines, both very old single core and fairly new multi-core.

5. kevin1234

kevin1234 MDL Novice

May 2, 2013
    Sorry, I can't do anything right now. I'll try the suggestions later when I get home from work. But like what I said earlier, we tried to install Windows 7 in my ssd using my friend's computer and it worked and we're able to activate it. We then plugged the ssd back in to my computer and it booted up fine and it says windows 7 has been activated. Is everything going to be okay if i just stick with that OS? Would there be problems later on because he installed windows 7 using his intel computer and we're running it on my amd computer?

6. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    I don't see any problem in using this.... I strongly believe that activation failed on your system coz by default system booted from install media in to UEFI mode & formatted drive with GPT not MBR.

7. kevin1234

kevin1234 MDL Novice

May 2, 2013
    Okay I guess i'll stick with the OS that i have right now. But just in case any problems occur later on because of this, i want to know how i can fix it. So what should I do? We did try to use the default boot but it didnt work so we used the uefi boot and still didn't work. I don't get the part where u mentioned GTP and MBR. Sorry, my tech level is really low :(

8. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Check your MB manual & enable legacy mode...