Deepfreeze in school...Freaking annoying!!

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by mbg19, Oct 9, 2009.

1. mbg19

mbg19 MDL Junior Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Okay so they started installing deepfreeze in my school and its getting annoying because you really cant customize the computer at all which is what they want but idc about it since im not gonna mess it up anyways,Does anybody know anything about this Deepfreeze like how it works or any hacks or removals?

2. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Network admins just love users like you. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tum0r

tum0r MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    #3 tum0r, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
    Deep Freeze is like a hardcore system restore that happens every night, restoring to the exact state every night. I do know that it has a separate password to "unfreeze" the machine, and I believe this can only be done from an administrator account.....

EDIT: I bet if you muck around in the registry, you can turn it off....

4. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    I hope not, it uses kernel driver, so registry will not help you (and thanks God for this!)

And if you were under me I would make extra special settings for you... on top of DF

sebus

5. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Hack the firewall then enhance the upper left quadrent between one-one-four and seven-oh-nine....

That's what they do on 24 and CSI anyway...

6. mbg19

mbg19 MDL Junior Member

Aug 12, 2009
    lmao

And i love network administrators like him,i was tired of the school having that cheap registry policies now i get a new challenge :) doing this is fun

7. JUD

JUD MDL Member

Aug 24, 2009
    The best way is to get hold of the administrator account password.....if you dont know how to then i'll let you know :)

8. EtherealMonkey

EtherealMonkey MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2009
    Boot that shizzle with a 8gb thumb drive and run windows off of that...

You would need to build a distro with the oem files for the hardware (IIRC).

Anyway, it wouldn't be easy, but with the right amount of attention to detail, it would be a minute before they figured you out ;)

(Which prolly won't be the case if you screw up one of the workstations...)