Delete Problem 1802 ONLY Lenovo ThinkPad EDGE

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by max-bit, May 25, 2011.

1. max-bit

max-bit MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2008
    #1 max-bit, May 25, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
    Hi
    I decided to start a new post, but only for lenovo ThinPad EDGE.
    At first, I propose to modify piosu for WLAN cards to the ThinkPad EDGE 11, with the latest BIOS

Currently, there is a method for the bios but the bios 1.08/1.09 had a lot of mistakes .... (orginal bios, no mod)
    It is therefore important for the latest modded bios 1.11 and 1.12 (latest bios)

Manufacturer: Lenovo
    Model: ThinkPad EDGE 11 type 0328
    BIOS Type: Phoenics
    Version: 1.11/1.12
    Release Date: 2011/05/20

Please help TTAV134 mplayer because it is the most oriented
    Would have been nice if there would be clear and simple instructions to modify BIOS
    In total there are plenty of sites mnustwo issues causing confusion

Here, let me make a translation into Polish because a lot of people have a problem .... with English as well (like me) looking for a solution methodology.

POLSKI (POLISH):
    Zakładam ten wątek dla laptopów lenovo ThinkPad dużo ludzi posiada ten laptop (grupę) i ma problemy z kartami WiFi jak wiadomo firma lenovo blokuje nie autoryzowane karty ...
    Jest metoda na ich odblokowywanie polega na modyfikacji biosu....
    Obecnie istnieje metoda na bios 1.08/1.09 jednak ten bios posiadał wiele błędów ....
    Dlatego ważne jest zmodowanie dla najnowszego biosu 1.11 i 1.12 (ostatni bios)

2. max-bit

max-bit MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2008
    What is the SLIC method, and how I'm doing?

3. ledimies

ledimies MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2011
    I have some questions regarding removing the whitelist from my Lenovo Edge 11 laptop. I plan to install some WLAN module that supports 5GHz band because I have a router that supports 5GHz n-class wifi.

I was able to modify the bios files according to the instructions. I have type 0328. I haven't completely understood the SLIC method but all I know is that I don't really need any new SLIC since I only intend to use the already preinstalled Windows 7 Pro that came with the laptop.

So my question is that if I flash the modified bios as instructed in this thread, do I lose the original SLIC that is already present in my bios?

4. bretahrnek

bretahrnek MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2011
    I think that I have succesfully made them two files,
    what to do now with them?

I have renamed them as original files and now what? sorry but im newby

5. bretahrnek

bretahrnek MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2011
    winPhlash.jpg

what am i doing wrong?

I thing that I have done almost everything succesfully but can not flash it :(

any idea?

6. bretahrnek

bretahrnek MDL Novice

Jul 15, 2011
    question

is this guide working with other thinkpads as well?

thanks a lot.