Deleted Admin Account

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Dax_Fame, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2017
    I don't know how my GF did it, but she deleted the admin account on her laptop and now she can't run, update or install any new applications. There is no admin available.

Can't enabled built in admin, can't reset, can't install with USB without wiping data

My real question is, is there any way to fix this without wiping it clean?

I really don't want to deal with backing up her crap....

thanks!

2. thla

thla MDL Novice

Jan 12, 2011
    Try to enable and set the password of the built-in admin using ntpasswd I guess.

3. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Reboot the computer, but rather than allow Windows 10 to finish rebooting, as soon as you see the Windows 10 logo, hit the reset button. Do this about 2 or 3x and upon the next boot Windows will automatically bring up the troubleshooting menu. From here you can restore the computer without being an administrator. It can restore Windows to a factory fresh state without affecting your documents, although everything else (including apps) are removed. Even so, you should make sure you have a backup of your important files before using this option, just in case.

W10-Safe-Mode-02-Safe-Restore-02-136400829129602601.jpg

4. LiteOS

LiteOS Windowizer

Mar 7, 2014
    go to safe mode see if u can enter with administrator built-in account
    to fix it

5. TrustMe

TrustMe MDL Member

May 2, 2013
    You don’t need permission for option five.

6. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2017
    Okay, I enabled the built in admin but I cannot see it on the logon screen

7. Dax_Fame

Dax_Fame MDL Novice

Sep 13, 2017
    The GF took the laptop with her, so it will have to wait before I can try. Will report back.

Thanks

8. TrustMe

TrustMe MDL Member

May 2, 2013
    Try holding down the Shift key and then clicking Shutdown. If there is an option to log off, do that. Then try to log back in.

I needed to do this once and I believe the admin account just showed up. Double check option five of the guide. By the way, there is no password for the admin account. Leave the field blank and just hit Enter.