Deleting integrated win 8 key from ISO

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by bertikul, Mar 16, 2013.

1. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
  2. BTOR

BTOR MDL Addicted

Nov 18, 2009
    There is no removal command but the correct way is simply re do the process with default installation product key for wmc.

3. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Thanks BTOR. (I asked the same question in 2 places and you replied in both threads:rolleyes:)

4. franz99

franz99 MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2011
  5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  6. franz99

franz99 MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2011
    Maybe, but I did that with a Win 8 pro+wmc ISO file

7. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    You need to manually add those....

8. franz99

franz99 MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2011
    #10 franz99, Mar 18, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
    " Windows Setup Edition Configuration and Product ID Files (EI.cfg and PID.txt) "
    xxtp://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/hh824952.aspx

9. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    that's what I'll do, set default wmc key. Thanks

10. franz99

franz99 MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2011
  11. franz99

franz99 MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2011
  12. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Compressed ?? location of file is /sources dir in root & can access that easily...

13. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    #19 bertikul, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    (OP)
    Originally Posted by franz99 View Post
    If your ISOs of Win 8 files are kept in that "compressed" form, how do you know that the are no PID.txt file inside ?
    Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. What on earth are you doing here in Mydigitallife forum? Go and prepare some barbecue grill, or whatever. DO NOT TRY TO ANSWER TO QUESTIONS YOU DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND

@ franz99
    Come on friend.....my question in the first post was not soooo hard. Just wanted to know if there was any way to delete the key I set in the image through DISM command. When I say IMAGE I mean Install.wim file not Iso file. If there is/was ANY Pid.txt, it would be Riiight insiiiide the "Sources" file, not inside install.wim.
    Please Please Please stop talking about Pid.txt. I got the write answer. We can not delete the key, but we can replace it with the default Windows 8 Pro WMC key. full stop. Problem solved. Nothing to add.

Guys here gave me links to Microsoft to prove Pid.txt works on win 7/8/server 2012.... or whatever. What the hell? Nothing to do with my question/problem.

BUT BELEVE ME I know that there are NO PID.TXT files in my ISO-s because:
    First:
    I DID NOT ADD ANY PID.TXT FILE TO MY MSDN ISO.
    THERE IS NO DEFAULT PID.TXT IN MSDN ISO-s SET BY MICROSOFT IN WINDOWS 8.
    HOW THE HELL would it be there IF I DID NOT ADD ANY Pid.txt file in ORIGINAL MSDN ISO-s (nor did Mr. Microsoft)
    Second:
    I (everyone can) OPEN AN ISO FILE USING SOFTWARE LIKE ULTRAISO/POWERISO....etc etc.
    I CAN EXTRAXT THE CONTENT OF AN ISO TO A FILE WHEREVER I WANT, SEE WHAT IS INSIDE/ADD/CHANGE/DAMAGE/DESTROY/BLOW do whatever I want with it. And then re-create the Iso file.
    MY God, I don't know why I'm giving myself such a hard time explaining all this.
    Third:
    PLEASE PLEASE leave me alone with that f"*&^g Pid.txt thing. If I will EVER go faraway from MYDIGITALLIFE it is because of you "franz99".
    A simple question demands a simple answer. Members (those who now what they are talking about) here told me I can not delete the integrated key, BUT I can replace it with Default Win 8 WMC Key. I got the answer to my question long time ago. IT is done, finished, explained, it's over. WHAT THE HELL WITH YOU AND YOUR BELOVED PID.TXT ?
    Please let me live my life without it.
    If you don't get what I am trying to say, get some vacations, a good old bottle of whisky, and travel the world side by side with your loving PID.TXT thing. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
    Thanks

edit: To ALL MDL Members - I'm sorry for using that kind of language, but I really couldn't do better. Thanks for your help and support.

14. bertikul

bertikul MDL Member

Nov 2, 2007
    #20 bertikul, Mar 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    (OP)
    I'm just replying for saying....nothing. Just want my thread to be in first place, so everyone can read post #19 (above). I really really don't get what that man was trying to say/write/think/.....or whatever. I really don't understand. Why is he trying to help?. I guess "franz99" can not help himself! My first question was answered. What the HELL with PID.TXT. It has nothing to do with my problem.
    Guys like that should learn how to react/think/reply to people, if they have the knowledge, experience, qualification and studies about Computer science. I'm here to learn from your knowledge and experience. For sure, not from "franz99". He has nothing to teach me, or may be I'm exaggerating. If that is the case, PLEASE forgive me.
    I am trying hard to stop thinking/judging/blaming him, but with no success. We are not here for that. MDL is about informatics, and helping each-other, that's all. Hope that will last forever.
    I'm SORRY. Thanks

Please MODERATOR close this thread. My Question was answered. Problem SOLVED