Dell d610 bios password

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by shanadoia, Jul 4, 2012.

1. shanadoia

shanadoia MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2012
    Can someone tell me how to remove the bios password on my dell d610...my service tad is 4JG1S91
    I bought this old laptop wanting to install win xp and cannot get pass the bios to do anything plz help if you can somone
    thanks Shanadoia

2. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    My own utility. Copyright (C) 2007-2010 hpgl, Russia
    Short service tag should be right padded with '*' up to length 7 chars
    HDD serial number is right 11 chars from real HDDSerNum left padded with '*'
    Some BIOSes has left pad HDD serial number with spaces instead '*'
    Input: #4JG1S91-595B
    04.07.2012 15:42 DELL service tag: 4JG1S91-595B password: xzixebbx

3. shanadoia

shanadoia MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2012
    thanks my new found friend, you have really helped me today, Happy July 4th to you and your family and God Bless, it worked great the first time and i am so glad i joined this group forum. thanks again

4. shanadoia

shanadoia MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2012
    well after getting into the setup bios finally now i do not have a service tag and will not boot to hdd, in setup shows no service tag and no owner and comes up with no bootable device so i am still stuck and the password screen is now coming up again, plz help me

5. shanadoia

shanadoia MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2012
    well i got the software, thanks, but now the pc says bootmger is missing and will not boot the dvd, also one more Q. should i burn the iso as it is or extract the files and select all and burn them to dvd

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  8. shanadoia

shanadoia MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2012
    I hope you understand what i mean, do i just burn the iso file itself or do i have to extract the iso file and then select them all to burn on a dvd, i use Power ISO software let me know thanks

9. shanadoia

shanadoia MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2012
    thanks tqhoang, i got the iso burned and working, even from a flash drive, but the problem is not the bios password as i thought, it is the HDD, it has the password, not the bios, first time i have ever ran into this myself so is there anything you can help me with on this problem, getting rid of the hard drive password, "The hard drive will not even show up as a drive as i suppose it cannot be read" plz hel if you can