Dell Dimension 9100, SMBIOS 2.3, DELL Bios A03 1.5

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Gethsemane, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Gethsemane

Gethsemane MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    I'm not going to ask for a bios modification because I'm not even sure you can create a SLIC in the BIOS when there isn't even one in the first place. I'd like to state that I have used Windows 7 Loader and Daz's loader and it didn't do anything, it gave some kind of exception error with Daz's. So I'm curious. When I reinstall windows 7 each time to retry I format the first partition, and second; delete them, then click New which recreates them.

Someone mentioned the MBR. Is there still a record in the MBR of everything even after formatting those two partitions? Has anyone been successful with Dimension 9100s or BIOSes that don't have SLIC and had to use loaders? I've been trying everything. The Windows 7 Loader worked on my Toshiba Satellite L305D-S5934 like a charm.

Is there any hope for my situation. Long time lurker, first time poster. And just to clarify, I uninstalled windows 7 loader, and then ran the setup disc for window 7, and then used Daz's program and it gave an error.