Dell Dimension E521 BIOS Mod SLIC 2.1

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by nookupeous, Oct 23, 2009.

1. nookupeous

nookupeous MDL Novice

Aug 4, 2009
    I didn't see this posted in any of the other threads so I thought I'd post it here, forgive me if this is the wrong area or something. Both me and a friend of mine have use this to flash our BIOS on our Dell Dimension E521's without any problems. It's packaged with the latest AWDFlash.exe (v8.94), the BIOS ROM (modded for Dell Phoenis SLIC 2.1), and a batch file that runs all the commands for AWDFlash for you so you don't have to do a thing. Hopefully someone will find this useful for activating their Windows 7 as much as I did.

http://sharebee.com/e4ff1cf0

2. juliox

juliox MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
    I used this on my E521 today. Haven't installed Windows 7 yet, but RW-Everything shows SLIC 2.1 in the table!

thanks!

Sidenote - i didn't use the AWDFLASH.EXE, I used WinFlash 1.9 (google for it, I can't post links yet)

didn't feel like making a bootdisk =)

3. jonnybegood

jonnybegood MDL Novice

Dec 16, 2009
    Do I just extract the file and put it into a USB flash drive and boot from it?

4. Tyrate

Tyrate MDL Novice

Dec 17, 2009
    #4 Tyrate, Dec 18, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
    Awesome

Worked like a charm thank you very much! I did the batch file method (AWDFLASH).

5. nineteenseventy

nineteenseventy MDL Novice

May 28, 2009
    alternate download, for the Dell Dimension E521 SLIC 2.1 bios?

this 'sharebee' upload site is a nightmare. I don't want to cough up my email address, or fill out lengthy surveys (asking for my mailing address, etc.) in exchange for a 1-megabyte file...!
    I don't mind viewing advertisements in exchange for a free service- but I find this a little too intrusive.

does anyone have a link to this file? or can anyone email it to me?

thanks

6. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    #6 sebus, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Use Firefox with NoScript add on & the link is still working :

Code:
    http://depositfiles.com/files/7lt2wnrnr
    sebus

7. ahdong

ahdong MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2011
    I've got the files but who can give me the update detail steps?

Hi, friend:

Can you kindly give the the detail update steps? I have got the files: awdflash.exe, bios.bin and dosflash.bat but how to use them? my OS has been Win 7 and I did run the files both in win7 and dos but unfortunately it did not work.

Please help me.

thanks a lot.

8. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Check my sig to make a dos-bootable pen drive. Then put those 3 files in the pen drive; boot from it & type dosflash in the prompt!! ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. juliox

juliox MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
    Or get WinFlash, which worked perfectly for me and seems like it may be easier for you

10. LeoTheLion

LeoTheLion MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2012
    Hi,
    can you please reupload the file?
    All Links are dead.o_O

11. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #11 LatinMcG, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  12. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
    I cannot believe that this thread got revived at the time that it did since I was looking for the same thing.

@LatinMcG, The .bin file you provided worked great with awdflash. Thanks!

Although I was unable to do a backup from the flash utility, which made me a little nervous, I powered through it and all is well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...