Dell hdr 2 exe

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by flupp, Feb 15, 2011.

1. flupp

flupp MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2010
    Hi there,

first of all let me tell you, i found the solution i was looking for right now, but i forgot it *shameonme*.

I have a Dell Optiplex 755 BIOS, i used the phoenix tool, everything went fine, except:

the tool give me an HDR-File as output and not a exe file. it said "SLIC BIOS: C:\O755-A17_SLIC.EXE" but it doesn't gave me an exe file.

i found the solution long time ago, but i am currently not able to get this out of my brain right now :eek:

so could someone help me out?

thx.

2. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    There will be "bios.gz" there, copy that together with your original bios to a bootable flash disk then use this command to flash "O755-A17 /readgzfile"

3. flupp

flupp MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2010
    @johnalvin: thanks for your clue. but there is something that makes me get confused. the phoenix-tool said. that the slic file is the hdr file.

...and why could the phoenixtool repack the Optiplex 745 BIOS and not the Optiplex 755 BIOS?? :confused:

4. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    #5 tqhoang, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Also look at the changelog for the phoenixtool...there is no other mention of fixing the problem.

Code:
    v0.47
    FIX: Properly handle Dell Optiplex with 2 GZIP headers (only creates HDR; no EXE)

5. johnalvin

johnalvin MDL Bios Modder

Sep 3, 2007
    the header file is the uncompressed format of the bios.gz, you can check that by extracting the bios.gz, you may check the slic of that with the phoenix tool or compare the two files (ucomppressed bios.gz and the hdr file).

6. flupp

flupp MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2010
    hi there,

well i am trying as far as i can ('n have time for), not only to get info. i also would like to close a thread for those who were searching for the same solution as i was looking for, so...

@all: i would like to thank you all. your hints were working like a charm. :rolleyes:

cya...