dell inspiron 530s cert and slp key

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by wintron, Jan 6, 2010.

1. wintron

wintron MDL Member

Dec 4, 2009
    I didnt know where to post this so if any mod feels the need to move this please do .

I have a dell inspiron 530s desktop pc . thing is that i would like to format and clean install vista home premium again .

Thing is that i dont have the recovery cds and the recivery partition has been damaged/deleted or both . I have a vista home premium oem cd but it is not dell specific . Now sometime back i managed to add a slic 2.1 table to my other existing pc to be able to install w7 .

This dell pc came with vista preinstalled so i know that it has the slic 2.0 table . To verify this i used the slic toolkit 3.0 which confirmed this . It also says something about Dell FX09 as pubkey and marker .

I have found the slp keys on this site but i cannot find the certs ?. help would be greatly appreciated on this issue . Also can i activate vista offline as w7 and are the commands to activate vista offline and insert slp keys the same as for w7 ?

Hope its not too confusing .

Help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks .

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    How about checking the stickies (they are sticky for a good reason!)

Sticky: Vista OEMSLP Certificate & Bin Collection

sebus

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #3 urie, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
    I modded the bios for the 530 with slic 2.1 a while back 530s is same bios you will find it here http://forums.mydigitallife.net/posts/173195690

4. wintron

wintron MDL Member

Dec 4, 2009
    ok thanks for your replyies . i am planning on installing vista so no need for 2.1 table .

only 2 final questions if i may .

1 . i know that i have to drop the cert into the root of c: and then run the special command to activate vista offline . do i also have to drop the .bin file into the root of c: ? i'm not quite sure what to do with the .bin file and finally

2 can i backup my original cert and slp key to be used instead of the ones in the stickies and if so how ?

once again thanks .

5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    #5 sebus, Jan 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    You know how to copy computer files?
    If yes, then just copy the certificate (NOT the .bin) to local drive (c: or any other)

Then run command prompt in elevated mode

slmgr -ilc c:\certificate.xrm-ms

Sure, use the tool: http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/6925
    but it will be exactly the same as the one in stickies (if you have OEM version)

sebus

6. wintron

wintron MDL Member

Dec 4, 2009
    the one in the stickies says it a

DELL-DELL-2.0.XRM.MS

and using slic tool kit it says

DELL_V2.0_Cert.xrm.ms

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    the name doesn't really matter there is only one dell certificate just rename to suit say

slmgr -ilc c:\DELL.xrm.ms

8. wintron

wintron MDL Member

Dec 4, 2009
    ok will do

thanks