DELL INSPIRON E1505 - Activation/flashing BIOS/Dell certificate Questions/need help

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by nvranka, Mar 16, 2010.

1. nvranka

nvranka MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2010
    #1 nvranka, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    So I reformatted today on my DELL Inspiron E1505, clean-installed windows 7 from a USB "bootdisk".

Everything went fine, installed drivers, etc.

To activate, I used 7Loader by Hazar 1.6 the first time. When it restarted it got caught in an infinite re-boot loop (at the DELL screen that comes up before windows loads when you can hit f12 to access BIOS). It would just keep rebooting over and over. Finally I decided it was f**ked, so I reformatted once again, and performed another clean install via the USB bootdisk.

So back to scratch, re-installed the drivers, and figured...maybe the other activator would work instead. So I went on to use Windows 7 Loaded 1.6.9 by Daz. Once again, I got caught in the same infinite reboot loop.

My roommate and I were reformatting at the same time, with the same pirated version of win7. He used the Hazar 1.6 loader, and it worked fine. He is however, not using a DELL E1505, and is on his own PC he built.

Moving forward to now....I have been doing as much research as I can over the past few hours about how to fix this problem, as inevitably in 30days I will need to have this activation or I will be fu**ed.

I did see a number of different threads on this board regarding this issue, but all are quite old and outdated so i figured id make a new one, if anything had changed.

The problem I am running into following what has been said in other threads here is I am a bit less computer savy than most of you seem to be.

The way I understand it, I need some sort of SLIC 2.1 in my BIOS. It was also mentioned somewhere that I needed to get a DELL certificate and other things in order to make my win7 activated and genuine.

I was reading about flashing my BIOS in order to get this SLIC 2.1 in it or whatever, and it sounded as if I could f**k up my computer if I did anything wrong while flashing the BIOS etc....so I wanted to ask again first before I started messing around with it...as I cannot afford to brick my laptop.

Can anyone help me? Remember you are speaking to a layman here...so simplicity is much appreciated. I am savy enough to DL torrents...and figure out cracks..mount images/bootdisks etc, but that stuff is for any common fool anyways. I dont know much about BIOS flashing, especially in this case.

Thanks!!

some of the info ive found that seems important for BIOS flashing...can someone instruct me when/where/how to apply this stuff?

here is what one of your members said somewhere...lost the link

Code:
     Basically, on this forum we all do OEM:SLP activation.. the same method companies use when pre-installing windows onto new computers.

They put a SLIC 2.1 table into the BIOS, also known as software licensing table. This is what a BIOS mod does, when your BIOS does not contain this table then someone can modify the BIOS and insert it. Once that is done you need an OEM:SLP key, you can find them here: http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...Key-Collection

The key must match the edition of Windows you installed. So for example, if you installed ultimate edition then you would need to use an ultimate OEM:SLP key. The manufacturer does not matter, though if you have an ASUS motherboard then it makes more sense to use the ASUS key, right? 

After that is done you need to install the certificate that matches the SLIC table in the BIOS, you can get them here: http://forums.mydigitallife.net/thr...Bin-Collection
    A certificate is the file with the extension .XRM-MS

Usually the ceritficate is posted with your BIOS Mod, if not you'll have to get a matching one from that archive (theres a site and tool that checks if they match, they are on this forum somewhere).

Reboot and then BAM, it's done! It is also very very hard for MS to detect a BIOS Mod, so it is the best choice.

Also...in the sticky "Windows 7 OEM SLP Key Collection " I realize I need these keys for some reason, but I do not know what to do with them. I am using win7 ultimate, so thats as far as I can get is which set of keys I need.

in the "Win 7 & Server 08 R2 SLIC 2.1 Bin Collection" sticky, I can also obviously make use of these: .... but I do not know what/where/how to use them put them etc.
    Code:
    Dell[DELL-B10K-ASL]2.1.BIN = FFA45A91 | 2.0 CERT

Dell[DELL-BMK-AWRD]2.1.BIN = 58F514E9 | 2.0 CERT

Dell[DELL-CL09-LTP]2.1.BIN = 3BA13265 | 2.0 CERT

Dell[DELL-FX09-AWRD]2.1.BIN = BF2F761E | 2.0 CERT

Dell[DELL-M09-ASL]2.1.BIN = 4D7CD600 | 2.0 CERT

Dell[DELL-PE_SC3-DELL]2.1.BIN is = 0D178BAF | 2.0 CERT

DELL[DELL-QA09-NVDA]2.1.BIN = 6A5C8221 | 2.0 CERT

Dell[DELL-WN09-NVDA]2.1.BIN = 6F5B656E | 2.0 CERT

2. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Download the latest Daz Loader and try the alternative mode. If get stuck in the reboot loop, read 6.H in the repository to repair your startup issue. Try other loader modes if the first try fails.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nvranka

nvranka MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2010
    Interesting, ok.

Well i would still like to do this via flashing my bios, or do you think it is idiotic to attempt it if I am not that comfortable doing it?

4. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    If you didn't get the loader to work then go for a bios mod.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Your system crash with loader may be come from MediaDirect function. The best way is bios mod.

6. unit731

unit731 MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2010
    I also have a Dell E1505...this is what i did:
    I reformatted with Active@ Kill Disk (recommended by Daz)
    Installed Win 7 and used Daz's 1.7.7r loader. (default mode)
    everything working so far..no problems from this front.
    even passed WAT validation.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    bios mods are available for your model Here look for Inspiron 6400/e1505 ver. A17

8. nvranka

nvranka MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2010
    cool ok i will check that out, thank you.

Last night I finally got fed up and scared of doing anything to my BIOS so I ran removeWAT 2.2.4 from hazar....

after doing so, it did just what it claimed to...removed WAT and now it displays nothing, not that it is activated, nor that it needs to be activated, just blank space.

Am I good for now, or should I still actively pursue (aka: research and read endless stuff) modifying my BIOS? or should I wait until I encounter a problem (if I ever do)?

thanks!