DELL LATITUDE E6420 Bios Recovery

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by leonelferrera, Jun 6, 2012.

1. leonelferrera

leonelferrera MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2012
    Hello I have a Latitude E6420 with bad bios , the Laptop turns on and stays on the loading dell logo but there is nothing more I press F2, F12 and displays that will run either enter the bios or the boot, but freeze screen logo, and probem change discs, memory , dvd to be alone with the motherboard, processor and memory but still gives the same error, it seems the bios, well I have the latest bios file but I can not unzip to extract the rom, probe and several command-writeromfile, / writeromfile and several programs 7zip, winrar, universal extractor, the problem is I need the rom to load on this team and thus be able to repair it, if someone can pass me the rom or how to remove I would appreciate a lot .... regards,

Spanish

Hola tengo una latitude e6420 con el bios malo, el equipo enciende y se queda en el logo de dell cargando no pasa de ahi presiono F2 , F12 y muestra el mensaje que va ejecutar ya sea entrar al bios o al booteo, pero ahi se queda trabada, ya probem cambiar memorias discos, dvd hasta quedar solo con la motherboard, memoria y procesador pero aun asi da el mismo error, al parecer el bios, pues bien tengo el archivo del bios mas reciente pero no logro descomprimirlo para extrar el rom, ya probe con varios comando -writeromfile, /writeromfile y con varios programas 7zip, winrar, universal extractor, el problema es que necesito el rom para poder cargarlo en este equipo y asi poder repararlo, si alguien puede pasarme el rom o la forma de extraerlo le agradecere mucho....

saludos,

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    probably needs a backup.rom made from windows.

3. leonelferrera

leonelferrera MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2012
    Yes, I need a backup.rom of this bios but my laptop not boot to windows or any OS. is freeze in DELL LOGO

4. ccemil2k1

ccemil2k1 MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2014
    I got the same problem but I mahage to get the HDR file, did you got a solution for your Dell??