Dell Latitude XT recovery

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Andromeda_Sis, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Andromeda_Sis

Andromeda_Sis MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2013
    Hi to all guys , I have need help to recovery my dell latitude XT with a blank bios chip . I have read the first page of this thread but I have some issue with renamed the bios file

I have follow all the procedure and when I try to Unpack the .rom file in .bin to decode it for find the right name for the recovery procedure I get this error :

Someone can you help me with this error ? Or tell me which is the right renamed name ? Any help its much appreciated

2. Andromeda_Sis

Andromeda_Sis MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2013
    Well , after many attempts I was able to go back to the correct name :

Fixup ROM decode..ÃPARK????BIN.PARK????HDR.PARK????HDC.DXT?? ???BIN.DXT?????HDR.

Now , I will try many methods to try to flash the bios. I followed the advice of the small memory stick but nothing.I also tried with an external CD player....tried all the usb ports external. Whats wrong ?Can someone help me please ? :worthy::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

3. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    If your BIOS chip is really blank, then you can't do the recovery. You will need someone to flash the BIOS chip with an external programmer.

4. Andromeda_Sis

Andromeda_Sis MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2013
    Tqhoang thanks for gentles reply. Listen , I have try today to flash bios with a eprom programmer (nano bios prograggrem - so simply and good programmer ) but I have a big problem with file extension. The only one file that this programmer accept is bin file. In fact, I tried to flash with rom file but the operation is not successful (after flashing with rom file and have received confirmation of correct writing the computer will not turn on .I think so the problem is caused by the fact that the file rom is encoded (or compressed).I found the tool of Apokrif for unpack rom file to bin but not working correctly, get this error:

I searched on google a solution to fix this error but nothing and especially at the level I do not understand anything about compilation software. Any help is much appreciated :worthy::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: