Dell OEM Windows Server 2003 R2

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by zedox, Jul 14, 2011.

1. zedox

zedox MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2011
    My Dell PowerEdge 2900 requires OS reinstallation.
    However I've misplaced the discs that came with the server (If any even did come)

The server has a COA stuck to it.

The only disc I have is a volume edition. I've tried changing the Pid in the setupp.ini file to 69712OEM but the product key on the sticker is not being accepted.

I've spent hours searching for an iso or a download of an OEM version of the OS but no luck. Even contacted microsoft and paid them for a replacement disc, however they've just emailed saying they no longer stock it and my order has been cancelled!

Would really like some assistance on using my legit key to get the OS reinstalled.

Thanks in advance

2. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    #2 bp1, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. zedox

zedox MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2011
    Thanks but I've resolved this now.

I followed the instructions to convert Volume disc to OEM
    Here... forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/22748- Create-Your-Own-MULTI-OEM-Windows-Server-2003-DVD...

I replaced the key in pid.inf and winnt.sif with the one on my COA sticker.

4. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Great - glad you resolved your problem.
    BTW - Thanks for posting back - Might help someone else with a similar problem

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. DOSduffer

DOSduffer MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2011
    CD2 conversion steps needed

Hello all,

Just joined and am not certain if my question has been answered elsewhere, so forgive my thickness please... I have converted CD1 in the set from MSDN to OEM and all works fine. But CD2 (the R2 technologies disc) still needs to be modified as an attempted install is rejected. I don't see bios files or other files as on CD1, and my browsing here hasn't turned up anything for converting CD2... can anyone help as I'm under the gun. This is being performed on a Dell PowerEdge and I am using the COA labeled key.

Thanks in advance!

6. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    To my knowledge CD2 is identical between retail/oem versions, one thing i can think of the VL version might be different. What did you use as base image? MSDN retail or MSDN VL?

7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    CD2 to run only needs R2 key (STD or ENT) & correct disk corresponding to the key (in fact there is tiny change in the inf file between the disks)

sebus

8. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    My MSDN W2K3 R2 sets (Retail and VLK) use the same CD2
    I don't think I've ever used an OEM set, so I'm not sure if that uses the same CD2.

But i know theres there's a difference in the 'SBS' 2K3 R2 CD2.
    Its a miner edit to an 'inf' file as Sebus said.

9. mathijn75

mathijn75 MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2012
    Also tried it, but I can not download anywhere STD_W2K3_32bit_Retail_to_OEM.rar. It is removed. Can you help me?
    I am looking how to reinstall my HP Proliant ML350 with Server 2K3.