Dell OEM

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by mjhaus, Mar 7, 2010.

1. mjhaus

mjhaus MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2007
    I have a Dell SLIC and OEM installed. Today it was deactivated. Any ideas why and possible fix. I have hear that Dell OEM certs may be replaced with newer ones but can't remember where I heard this. BTW, last updated to my compute was April of last year. I disables updates, so why deactivated?

2. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Did you get the non-genuine watermark or it says not acivated in the control panel?

3. mjhaus

mjhaus MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2007
    I get both. I was able to change to intel cert but it doesn't match the SLIC which is dell OEM SLIC 2.0

It works now but not sure for how long since the Intel cert isn't dell which is in the SLIC table. I am wondering why the dell.

4. ennio

ennio Guest

Vista or 7? Which OS?

5. mjhaus

mjhaus MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2007
    #5 mjhaus, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
    (OP)
    the OS is Vista 64. it's been a while since I've messed with the OS. It's been up since last year. Is there a quick utility that has multiple certs to choose from that can auto install. If there is one, I can try to reinstall the dell one and see if it takes.

Not sure if this makes a difference but I installed win 7 on another hardrive and used a program to insert dell certs and it may of tampered with the bios. However, in everest, the SLIC still says dell SLIC 2.0

6. ennio

ennio Guest

I am sure your BIOS is the same, because BIOS can be changed with the AMI and AWARD tools only. My suggestion is to remove HDD with windows 7 and reinstall your CERT 2.0 cert and key for Vista.

7. mjhaus

mjhaus MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2007
    #7 mjhaus, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
    (OP)
    Is there a utility for that. Also I just replaced the bios with the 2.1 SLIC Dell you have listed in the sticky section. So now it has the latest. It's the same bios revsion, just has the slic 2.1 table

Is there a utility for autimatically reinstalling the dell cert? It's been a while since I have done this and want to make sure it's done right.
    thanks so much for your help

8. ennio

ennio Guest

slmgr /ilc dell.xrm-ms