dell poweredge 2850 windows server 2008 r2

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by totseroll, Oct 8, 2013.

1. totseroll

totseroll MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2013
    Hi all,

Good day! I am just a newbie and i am task to build dell poweredge 2850 server using windows 2008 r2 standard RAID 5. I'm writing this because i seek assistance. I was not able to finished it because of some error i encountered during my OS installation.
    1. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Windows needs the driver for device (RAID CONTROLLER). Click 'Load driver' load required driver.
    2. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Windows must be installed to partition formatted NTFS.
    3. Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The partation was reserved by the computers original equipment
    manufacturer (OEM).
    I badly needed help. if anyone happened to have a driver pleased your help is highly appreciated.

thank you so much...

2. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    You should be able to find the driver on the support page for the poweredge 2850. It should be a compressed file that you can unzip to a thumb drive. When it asks you to load the driver, plug in the thumb drive with the decompressed driver, select "Load" and browse to the driver location.

After that you should be able to partition the drive and install the OS

3. totseroll

totseroll MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2013
    Hi Mr Jinje,

i did follow the link you post but i don't know which one should i pick since it shows plenty of driver...can u pleased give me the specific driver i needed for the error i mentioned above...

thank you so much...

4. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    you'll need to find out what raid card you have. it should be mentioned in the raid setup.

5. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009