Dell Studio 1555 with Win7 Problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by logonaniket, Nov 6, 2009.

1. logonaniket

logonaniket MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2009
    I found some big problems in Studio 1555 with Windows 7 Installed..
    Here they are mentioned..

1. Sound Driver
    On every boot the Sound driver goes off and there comes a speaker sign on taskbar with a red cross in it.
    Though clicking on it and FIXING IT solves the problem as the driver IDT HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CODEC driver goes off missing when the laptop restarts but it is very much annoying to never listen to your startup sound and rectify the problem by FIX IT feature of WINDOWS 7.

Sol: No Solution So far. Dell Driver IDT HIGH DEFINITON CODEC 92HD73C1 V6.10.0.6217 not solving the problem.

2. CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-FI MB NOT WORKING
    Creative sound blaster X-Fi MB not working and the control center of Creative Sound blaster is not opening up even after succesful activation from website and installation.
    At the time of installation it says:
    MUI Not Found... //Dunno wat it means....

3. Blutooth peripheral devices driver not found, even on web.

MY Machine is:
    Dell Studio 1555 (Chainlink Black)
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6600 (2.20GHz/ 800FSB/ 2MB Cache)
    15.6" Full HD (1080p) WLED (1920 X 1080) Display with TrueLife
    4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
    320GB SATA 7200RPM HDD
    512MB ATI Mobility Raedon HD 4570
    WITH WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE (32-BIT) Genuine

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. logonaniket

logonaniket MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2009
    If some1 finds the same problem in his/her laptop, please discuss over here..

also if u find some other problems, u r most welcome..

Hey pro's please help me solving above problems...I have tried every other solution available but can't solve it..please help me..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    It is software enabled, right? Are you using 64 bit Windows 7? Are you using the 64 bit version (if one available)? If something software enabled is giving me trouble I uninstall it and re-install i in the "Program Files" instead of the "Program Files (X86)" folder, that is the root of much trouble with the 64 bit software..

4. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    check the manual for the device, make sure it is in discovery mode....

5. shakeyplace

shakeyplace MDL Addicted

May 5, 2007
    what is the driver installed on reboot? Is it the same version or does it revert to an older driver, also there is likely some problems between that and the X-FI, check in device manager, see what it says about the status of the hardware...

6. logonaniket

logonaniket MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2009
    @shakeyplace
    I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit. But the Creative Sound Blaster is not starting up even...Do u own a same laptop?If yes then don't you get any problem in it?
    I think its Win7 problem.. as I want having such problem when I had Vista 32bit

for Bluetooth Peripheral devices...it is in detection mode...in device manager it is coming with an exclamatio and even on Search through the web, the driver doesn't get detected...

On reboot, there is a cross sign on the taskbar on speaker icon, which is for volume control generally...
    And on FIX IT, it installs the same driver available to it..
    Btw in Device manager, its showing the following under sounds:
    ATI HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE
    BLUETOOTH HADS-FREE AUDIO
    HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE

All enabled...But on restart, the last one high definition audio device comes with exclamation mark, and on FIXIN it, it comes back, and my I get my sound back...