Dell T3400 slic 2.1

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by vcrfixer, Oct 15, 2013.

1. vcrfixer

vcrfixer MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2013
    Can anybody help me out with a slic 2.1 for Precision T3400 other posts say it is already included with the latest versions but might be locked ? Slick toolkit comes up with 2.0. Thanks
    Rw report attached
    Dell Bios link
    Thanks Again

Attached Files:

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. vcrfixer

vcrfixer MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2013
    I think it does but it is somehow locked and will not activate, when you flash it to the computer slic toolkit still reads 2.0 after reboot.

4. vcrfixer

vcrfixer MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2013
    Thank You Very Much Worked Great had to use asset /s xxxxxxx to change Svc Tag, all was well after that

5. Xwpis Onoma

Xwpis Onoma MDL Novice

Feb 4, 2011
    I am having the same problem like you. I had a Dell Dimension 390 and the mobo started being flaky so I checked online and it appears that the T3400 was the successor and a much better one with a newer better faster chipset (X38) and ICH9 vs ICH7 of the 390. So I bought a mobo from ebay and the correct front I/O panel for a T3400 mobo and all seemed to be falling nicely into place. The mobo came with BIOS A08. So I set up the BIOS exactly as my previous 390 and it even recognized the RAID I had so no data loss no reformatting no reinstalling. I have dual boot Windows 7 and 10. I went into Win7 first and the installation gave me the "non-genuine error, you must activate NOW" thing, so I donwloaded the A014 BIOS from DELL and successfully flashed it thinking that SLIC 2.1 is included in all post A09 BIOS. Wrong! Well, I used the SLIC tool kit it comes up with red letters error that there is no SLIC table present. No wonder the T3400 did not activate like my 390. So I started searching and ended up in this thread. Can anyone help me through the steps and what software i need to download to reset the service tag? Most of the links above do not work anymore. Alternatively if you have a modded bios with SLIC 2.1 that will work please send it, will be highly appreciated. Oh, and before I forget, the Windows 10 installation comes up as genuine and activated. What? How? Go figure !?!? Thank you all very much. If you want please use a direct email here --> R1100RA(at)gMail(dot)com. Thanks again SO VERY MUCH !!!