Dell UEFI BIOS SLIC unlock tool -- Client Configuration Utility <HELP>

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by anon666, Dec 7, 2010.

1. anon666

anon666 MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    As most of us have experienced, the below tools for do not work with the latest Dell laptops which have UEFI BIOS:
    • asset.com
    • svctag.exe
    • dellBIOSreset.iso..

There is another set of tools available i.e. Dell Client Configuration Utility which can be run from within windows (command prompt) and supports both 32 & 64 bit.

Command to change asset tag:
    cctk --asset=######

I need help to find out the exact command to set BIOS to manufacturing mode thus enabling slic

Download from:

support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd&releaseid=R266721&SystemID=LAT_E5410&servicetag=&os=WLH&osl=en&deviceid=19098&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=36&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=392182

2. anon666

anon666 MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    Thank you for the info.

The thing is I do know how to change the asset tags, I want to know the asset tag that would make my Dell machine to go into manufacturing mode enabling SLIC.

For older versions, command.com was used to change asset tag to PASS:12/31
    What changes are to be done with the new UEFI BIOS in order to unlock SLP/OA.

Btw, SLP is replaced by OA (OEM Activation)

3. anon666

anon666 MDL Novice

Dec 6, 2010
    bump, help anyone :(

4. larryone

larryone MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2011
    Hi, i know of a service tag software available from dellservicetag.info it free, i managed to get my admin password for my laptop, worth a try i guess.

5. w_bufffet

w_bufffet MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2009
    anyone solved how to do it?

Did anyone managed to solve this?

6. nitesh0900

nitesh0900 MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2014
    Hi anon666
    Above given link is not working pls provide a working link to download this tool.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. Crapper

Crapper MDL Novice

Feb 10, 2014
    #8 Crapper, May 24, 2014
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
    Service Tag can still be changed on newer dells with UEFI Bios, using the old tools.

I have a Dell Vostro 3560 (bought in Nov 2012) and it came with Ubuntu - after looking for 'newer' tools I eventually managed to change my service tag to one that now enables me to download software that came pre-installed on a Dell Vostro with Windows preinstalled.

I still have no 'SLIC' in my ACPI table, but this is related to the OEM table ID not being DELL, but CL09. I think that the SLIC will only become visible after changing the OEM table ID to 'DELL' -->how?...please let me know
    :)

After changing the service tag I got into a 'new' menu that helped me to change UEFI to secure, non-secure and some other tests...but no SLIC