dell vostro 1310 hdr file problem

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by invincible, Jan 17, 2011.

1. invincible

invincible MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2011
    good day to all! i'm a newbie here at the forum. i've been searching many times for the recovery of my dell vostro 1310 which somehow bricked because the numlock flashes only. i tried all the methods of phoenix recovery in our forum but still no luck. i'm using usb pen drive because i have no usb floppy. only one that i still didn't use. the extracting of hdr file on the bios provided by dell. whenever i write -writehdrfile on the bios, winphlash automatically run. is there any way to write hdr file from my bios downloaded from dell? thanks a lot!

2. wuhoatu

wuhoatu MDL Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Try UniExtractor and you will get the BIOS.ROM file.

3. invincible

invincible MDL Novice

Jan 16, 2011
    thanks for the reply. i already have this rom file but i couldn't get it worked to recover my laptop. i already used the fn+b, fn+esc, win+b, win+esc, end, fn+end but couldn't go to recovery mode. i'm using 512mb kingston mini pendrive and lg 128mb pendrive. and also, how can i decode the rom to bin? thanks again...

4. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    From what I've read around here, no one has found the Vostro BIOS recovery key combo yet. Perhaps these BIOS'es don't have it enabled?

Worst case you will need to contact AQSTech.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...