Dell Vostro V13 + Huawei EM770W PCI issue BIOS Mod request

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by rulooking4jayant, May 3, 2012.

1. rulooking4jayant

rulooking4jayant MDL Novice

May 3, 2012
    I have been trying to make the Huawei EM770W pci-express card with GPS/aGPS (internal) to work on my Dell Vostro V13. The issue is when I install the card, the system would not boot because Dell has locked the PCI slot to their OEM products. Now I tired the method explained here http : // www okyfirmansyah net/ blog /?p=1

That idea of taping the 8 pins and inserting the card worked. But then I am not able to use the GPS function of the card. Pretty frustrating.

I then tried the steps explained here http : // forums mydigitallife info / threads / 13358-How-to-Use-New-Phoenix-Bios-Mod-Tool-to-Modify-Phoenix-Dell-Insyde-EFI-Bios-Files

But then again the BIOS does not support the Huawei EM770W card and the system would not boot.

Can somebody help me with "What", "Where" and "How" I should be modding the BIOS so that the system starts accepting the PCI-express card.

2. rulooking4jayant

May 3, 2012
    Just realized that I have posted this in a non-request section of the forum. I request the moderators/admins to please move this to appropriate section. Thanks.
    Jay

3. rulooking4jayant

May 3, 2012
    Please Experts - HELP

help
    help
    help
    help
    help
    help
    help
    help
    help
    help
    help
    help
    help
    help

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  5. rulooking4jayant

May 3, 2012
    Please see the attachment

Hello Urie,

I thank you for your kind guidance.:worthy:

Here I am attaching the rweverything file for an expert's reference please.

I hope that I am able to do it right and also hope that you/someone else here would guide me further if any more inputs are needed from me.

Hope that someone will quickly be able to help me with my request now.

Attached Files:

6. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007