dell windows 7 expres update

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ggonxhi, Jan 5, 2010.

1. ggonxhi

ggonxhi MDL Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    ok so i bough a laptop wile back with windows vista and i just recived the dell windows 7 update disk since i was entitled to a free upgrade.

the dell laptop had 2.1 slic table in bios so i just installed windows 7 ultimate with regular dell slp key.

now i have the express dvd with a key they send me.
    is there a way i can install this on a different machine and activated.
    if yes: is there a way i can do a clean install with and activate with update key?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. vladxed666

vladxed666 MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I think a clean install will reject the upgrade key but yes you can use this disk to upgrade a windows vista machine and have no activation problems but I don't think a clean install is possible for the upgrade key...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
  4. maktucali

maktucali MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2009
    Dell windows 7 upgrade

Yes you can i have several of these and ive installed and sold several of them. Dont ask me how i got them but yes i have alot!

Do a full/custom install and activate online on any brand machine.

You are required to anyways if your upgrading xp.

I havent tried upgrading vista to w7 on non dell machines.

But yes the upgrade dvd from dell are as good as the dvd's you buy at bestbuy.